Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To all of you who don't know Perry, he is a 3 year old boxer and the biggest, silliest, happiest most ridiculously play full, tongue happy dog you will ever meet. He was born the same month as my 3 year old (Austin)

Stupid neighbors. Perry ran out in the road, as someone neglected to let the little turd in, and barked at someone. Apparently she was deathly afraid of dogs because, I think, her sister was bit by one. Perry was jumping around with his happy face on and a " come play with me" bark thing going on. Her husband was trying to hit Perry with his fist and chanting something along the lines of " this will be the last time you, expletive(f'r)". " we are going to file a complaint next time!" What, why? because my dog wants to play with you and you hate animals? so of course he is an out of control animal and trying to hurt you... File a complaint... " F F F F F F F F, from the wife... really? Oh, did I fail to mention Austin, (3), was standing next to me to hear this lady's foul mouth? " my sister is an attorney! F this S..." was the next statement. Followed by " get his G'Dm license plate number, I' done F'n around with this B'strd". I had to look down at Austin in disgust and hope he hadn't heard what this crazy lady had said.

I snapped my fingers and told Perry to go inside, he did. What a good Perry...

Ugh, what in the world? I guess because your sister is an attorney that makes you Queen. This will be fun....

To all of you who don't know Perry, he is a 3 year old boxer and the biggest, silliest, happiest most ridiculously play full, tongue happy dog you will ever meet. He was born the same month as my 3 year old (Austin)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
It is what it is, as long as no one was hurt I doubt that it will go any further than a complain at the police station... In the end no matter how nice the dog is the law will always side with the humans over the animal in these situations. Goodluck with whatever happens and hopefully you don't have any more troubles with the foul mouthed lady, in my opinion a woman speaking like that in ear shot of a 3 year old is much worse than a playful dog... Maybe perry will need to take a dump or two in the neighbors yard tomorrow morning lol

·
Registered
625 Posts
Not sure where you live but if she files a complaint then I say you file one saying you were offended by her cursing as in Texas that is disorderly conduct if someone is offended

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
760 Posts
I know this might offend some.. but I had a neighbor not too long ago that refused to keep his dog on a leash let alone keep em in his yard. The short of the story is the dog continually showed aggression towards my children (4yo son and 1.5 yo daughter) and after three different talks with this man about his dog I finally approached him and issued a warning. next time Ill kill your dog and leave it on your porch.. The next time it happened I cornered the fker in my yard and threw a throw net over him, got his muzzle and taped it up then hog tied his ass. left him on his porch with a letter left in his screen that said one last warning and Ill follow through. They moved away about two weeks later. They tried to get the cops involved however there is a very stringent code about keeping your mutt either on a leash or in your yard here. No dice.

Point being this... If you dont want your dog to get messed up or abused then maybe you should try keeping it in your property. By the sounds of it you just let your dog roam. Thats a good recipe for your dog to go missing.. or to give it ample time to find and eat a lbs of hamburger meat with steel wool and antifreeze mixed in it.

Note: I hate owners of pets that dont keep them in check. even if you know your dog isnt aggressive that doesnt mean your dog isnt. Peoples reactions and emotions can change a K-9s disposition quickly.. and in a court of law "perception" is all the courts will consider if they did decide to waste your dog.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I know this might offend some.. but I had a neibor not too long ago that refused to keep his dog on a leash let alone keep em in his yard. The short of the story is the dog continually showed aggression towards my children (4yo son and 1.5 yo daughter) and after three different talks with this man about his dog I finally approached him and issued a warning. next time Ill kill your dog and leave it on your porch.. The next time it happened I cornered the fker in my yard and threw a throw net over him, got his muzzle and taped it up then hog tied his ass. left him on his porch with a letter left in his screen that said one last warning and Ill follow through. They moved away about two weeks later. They tried to get the cops involved however there is a very stringent code about keeping your mutt either on a leash or in your yard here. No dice.

Point being this... If you dont want your dog to get messed up or abused then maybe you should try keeping it in your property. By the sounds of it you just let your dog roam. Thats a good recipe for your dog to go missing.. or to give it ample time to find and eat a lbs of hamburger meat with steel wool and antifreeze mixed in it.
+1
Be a responsible pet owner. I don't agree with their reaction but it is ultimately your fault. Dog shouldn't be running free.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
+1
Be a responsible pet owner. I don't agree with their reaction but it is ultimately your fault. Dog shouldn't be running free.
Yeah yeah, I get where you are coming from. If this happened more than once I would have been way less defensive. We live in the County and almost every damn neighbor from here to the highway has a dog roaming, just happened to be mine this time.

Oh, he doesn't just roam... This was a slip...

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
There are worse things that can happen besides yelling at your dog. Trust me on this.

If you care about Perry, don't let him run out of your yard.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
There are worse things that can happen besides yelling at your dog. Trust me on this.

If you care about Perry, don't let him run out of your yard.
good advice.

i'd just let it go and make sure i kept a better check on Perry. Worse part of that story is your neighbor being that foul mouthed in front of your 3yr old

·
Registered
573 Posts
I know this might offend some.. but I had a neighbor not too long ago that refused to keep his dog on a leash let alone keep em in his yard. The short of the story is the dog continually showed aggression towards my children (4yo son and 1.5 yo daughter) and after three different talks with this man about his dog I finally approached him and issued a warning. next time Ill kill your dog and leave it on your porch.. The next time it happened I cornered the fker in my yard and threw a throw net over him, got his muzzle and taped it up then hog tied his ass. left him on his porch with a letter left in his screen that said one last warning and Ill follow through. They moved away about two weeks later. They tried to get the cops involved however there is a very stringent code about keeping your mutt either on a leash or in your yard here. No dice.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Note: I hate owners of pets that dont keep them in check. even if you know your dog isnt aggressive that doesnt mean your dog isnt. Peoples reactions and emotions can change a K-9s disposition quickly.. and in a court of law "perception" is all the courts will consider if they did decide to waste your dog.
+1. I've been attacked by a dog and it left a tooth in my leg, after which I kicked it in the nose and it ran away. I never filed a complaint, but told the owner to get it under control. Had to go to a nearby clinic to have it looked at - my leg, that is.

I decided on that day not to take any chances with dogs that want to "play" anymore. Owners need to keep them under control, which means on a leash in public. I find it a joke when owners say how friendly their dog is and expect others to feel the same. It's still an animal. It's not that a lot of people are better, but it's easier to judge when a person is playing or trying to hurt you. A couple of weeks ago some idiot let his pitbull loose and it came running down the street towards me and my wife. I considered laying a hard first shot to him, but didn't want to risk it because those things are not to be messed with and hoped the owner got it under control. It ran around us and the owner finally arrived telling us how he just likes to play - yeah, right. Don't care what the excuse is, don't care what the dog is - it's up to the owners to protect the public and their dog. Don't like it, don't get a dog.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I have a problem with people always trying to pick my dog up!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
A couple of weeks ago some idiot let his pitbull loose and it came running down the street towards me and my wife. I considered laying a hard first shot to him, but didn't want to risk it because those things are not to be messed with and hoped the owner got it under control.
Shove it with the pitbull nonsense. They may be stronger than your average dog but they are no more likely to attack than any other dog.

There are not bad dogs, only bad owners.

“A study performed by the American Veterinary Medical Association, the CDC, and the Humane Society of the United States, analyzed dog bite statistics from the last 20 years and found that the statistics don’t show that any breeds are inherently more dangerous than others. The study showed that the most popular large breed dogs at any one time were consistently on the list of breeds that bit fatally. There were a high number of fatal bites from Doberman pinschers in the 1970s, for example, because Dobermans were very popular at that time and there were more Dobermans around, and because Dobermans’ size makes their bites more dangerous. The number of fatal bites from pit bulls rose in the 1980s for the same reason, and the number of bites from Rottweilers in the 1990s. The study also noted that there are no reliable statistics for nonfatal dog bites, so there is no way to know how often smaller breeds are biting.”

·
Registered
190 Posts
you ever seen billy madison? i say put a bug old perry turd in a bag & set that bitch on fire right on her welcome mat, hit the door bell, hit the bushes and see how things pan out.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts