Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to cut my chain and need to re-install it; its brand new. I no longer have a master link. Can I use any master link? How do I look for one that fits? Does it have to be the same brand? Silly questions but its my first time looking for just a master link.

The chain is a 520 RENTHAL RR4 SRS Road Race.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
373 Posts
I hope you cut the master link to break the chain, otherwise I wouldn't risk a second master link. If that is what you did then contact Renthal and tell them you want another master link.

Now, I've got to ask...
Why the hell did you break the chain?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohhhh why did I have to break it? Long story! I have another thread in General Discussion that explains it lol

I just bought a DID rivet link. Its slightly smaller in diameter but I cant see that being an issue. As long as its not too tight and restricts the chain from moving like its intended to. I would order one from Renthal or one of our sponsors here but I cant wait a few weeks..

D

·
0 Posts
Ohhhh why did I have to break it? Long story! I have another thread in General Discussion that explains it lol

I just bought a DID rivet link. Its slightly smaller in diameter but I cant see that being an issue. As long as its not too tight and restricts the chain from moving like its intended to. I would order one from Renthal or one of our sponsors here but I cant wait a few weeks..
Slightly smaller means it should not be used. The last thing you want is for your chain to bind or snap while riding and cause a crash or crack the engine/transmission.

Get a master link specific to that chain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts