Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Somedays the bike will turn over fine. Ride fine all day. Sometimes it just won’t turn over and after so many tries it’s good to go and there is some day and that’s when I haven’t rode yet is that it started fine and died on me at the light and had to pull over and get to back to riding and never ride since. Help please.
I posted a video link

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Start with checking your ground wires and make sure they are all tight to the chassis. Then start with sensors, BAS, kickstand, neutral, etc. Sounds like a bad wire or sensor issue. Going to take time to diagnose and fix most likely.

Reactions: Mr. Dixon Cider

·
Registered
182 Posts
Do you use the kill switch? If you toggle it on and off does it make a difference to starting? It's cranking so it's not kickstand or clutch switch, but, I can't recall right now if BAS and kill switch issues would still let the fuel pump cycle and starter to engage.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Unless you have the time to decipher the schematic and test each function one by one, I would just bring it to the dealership to have it fixed. It's hard to recommend any fix without knowing what you have tried or the history of the bike.

·
Registered
666 Posts
try toggling off and on your killswitch. Yeah it's cranking but could possibly be a battery issue. May drop under recommended volts/amps when under a load like that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts