Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bike that needed a bunch of tlc, have been putting it all back to a pristine condition after some stunters ruined it. Its an 07 600RR, can someone identify these wires?

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hard to make them out. What are the exact Colours. One looks green with black which I'm thinking goes to the instrument. May be speed sensor wire. If one is orange I'm thinking it goes to the instrument also. Front left signal. Or it may go to rear left signal. If one is totally green than a ground. Orange and white will be front left signal and go to the switch.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Lol this reminds me of that blimp Archer episode "its the blue wire with the white stripe, not the white wire with the blue stripe!" haha.

Anywho, use Bridges diagram, but find the color version of it. I have it in a repair manual and the paths are color coded to the oem wire color - SUPER HELPFUL, especially when the idiot owner before you cuts all the wire harnesses.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It comes from the gauge cluster harness. The top 4 cut wires are as follows:

Orange, orange/white, and two greens

The bottom three are cut too: green, light blue, light blue/white

Attachments

·
Registered
7,442 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol this reminds me of that blimp Archer episode "its the blue wire with the white stripe, not the white wire with the blue stripe!" haha.
DANGA ZONE!

did you happen to look at the wiring diagram I posted :poke:
I did, for some reason its really blurry for me when I zoom in so I can't make out what it says. Forgive me fellas, I'm no electrician lol

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
are you on a computer or mobile? if on a computer download it and you'll be able to see it clearly when you open it.

The Light Blue/White, Green, and Blue wires are for your right front turn signal
The Orange/white, green, and orange wires are for the left front turn signal

The 3rd green wire is a ground for something else, I'm guessing in the area it's in it's either for the position light (aka 3rd eye) or one of your headlights. Is there one of those 3 lights that isn't working?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If you can't fix it with a hammer, son you've got an electrical problem.

Orange = Left Turn Signal
Green/Black = Ground
Pink/Green = Speed - however, this should have it's own separate connector on post # 10, bottom left of your picture you can see it's pink green, and a white connector under the plastic part. Make sure you trace this up to the gauges and be sure this is the one that's cut.

Post 17 of may help.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=212496

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
are you on a computer or mobile? if on a computer download it and you'll be able to see it clearly when you open it.

The Light Blue/White, Green, and Blue wires are for your right front turn signal
The Orange/white, green, and orange wires are for the left front turn signal

The 3rd green wire is a ground for something else, I'm guessing in the area it's in it's either for the position light (aka 3rd eye) or one of your headlights. Is there one of those 3 lights that isn't working?
The position light works, the plug wasnt cut. It doesnt have front turn signals as of right now so thats what they must be.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, son you've got an electrical problem.

Orange = Left Turn Signal
Green/Black = Ground
Pink/Green = Speed - however, this should have it's own separate connector on post # 10, bottom left of your picture you can see it's pink green, and a white connector under the plastic part. Make sure you trace this up to the gauges and be sure this is the one that's cut.

Post 17 of may help.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=212496
the speedo works, that plug was still intact

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

This may be easier to verify, i found this pic of an uncut harness on ebay.

1. ?? (turn signal?)
2. gauge cluster
3. ??(turn signal?)
4. plugs to main harness
5. ?? headlight?
6. ?? 3rd eye?

I'm gonna go give this a whack lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts