Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still in Iraq, and it's not looking like I'll get the chance to see the USGP. I'm curious if someone can record it onto a DVD and ship it to me here. I'll cover all of your costs if you're willing.

Sheesh, I've not seen one single race this year, I'm going insane. Someone please help me out!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Go to *********** and you can purchase replays. Probably not exactly what you had in mind, but it's better than nothing, especially if you're starving for it. Hope that helps.

I have a DVR but don't know how to transfer a recorded program from its hard drive.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
OK I have no idea what happened to that hyperlink, but it's apparently not letting me create it to that site. www. m o t o gp dot com

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah, that's the problem, I can't get things to download here.
I've tried all the links for the races, but no luck. It's just a bad internet system here

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
My DVR has some sort of slot to plug in what I think is some sort of memory card. I'll look into it, but I'm very technology challenged, if you catch my drift. VCR tape totally out of the question? I don't know anyone with a DVD recorder.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VCR is not out of the question, I can find someone around here who will have one. The DVD would be much easier if it's a possibility. But I certainy won't pass up either. Thanks for checking into it thedude

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I can swing the VCR tape much easier, send me a PM and let me know how to address it. I'll ask around about finding someone with a DVD recorder, I know you would prefer it. Do what I can for everyone over there.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good man,
I'll PM ya right now. But I'll leave this thread just in case someone is able to work the DVD issue for me. Thanks a lot for the help though, I really can't wait for this race, and I simply can't believe that I'll be missing it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
ME2, you say that you are still in Iraq? I am assuming in the military? If anyone out there can record it to a dvd, I will pay all of the shipping costs to get it to ME2. Even better is there anyone out there who can record ALL of the 2005 races so far onto one dvd. I will ask a few nerd, umm, IT buddies from work and see what I can come up with. Least I can do for someone who is looking out for me and my family on the other side of the world. May God bless you and God keep you (ALL) safe!!!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks hotrod,

Yah bro, still in Iraq, and in the military. In all honesty, yesterday was exactly one year since I left home. They (the army) decided to train us for 5 months before sending us because of the number of casualties here prior to our deployment. Well, after we went through all of that, they decided that it was pretty rediculous, and that any monkey could learn this training in 2 weeks, so they moved it back to a 1 month training cycle. (this still left room for some of the monkeys the army recruits)

So we'll have a pretty extensive deployment, right now we're hoping to be home in December, but it's all hearsay, so who really knows.

·
Registered
596 Posts
No problem.
Hey Mods can we get some help here? To get this post a little more attention maybe add this one to the frontpage untill after the US GP???

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Well, I hope to purchase a DVD recorder soon. I have ALL the MotoGP races on my DVR this year and plan on having all of them at seasons end. I could send out DVD's if everything goes well.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow, that would be much more than I was hoping for. Keep me posted on that, because I'd definately be willing to pay you for the whole seasons worth.

For now though, I simply need the USGP, hehe, I can't not see the very first one.

·
Registered
596 Posts
natypes said:
Well, I hope to purchase a DVD recorder soon. I have ALL the MotoGP races on my DVR this year and plan on having all of them at seasons end. I could send out DVD's if everything goes well.
Nat,
let me know and we can arrange it from there.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
ME2 got the PM and I found a DVD recorder at a buddy's house, I'll hook you up homey. Don't worry about the shipping, just my way of saying thanx and God bless. Thank me by staying safe and coming home in one piece.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
haha thedude,
I'll do my very best to keep up my end of that bargain!

Thanks a lot man, I can not wait to see this race! Imagine the look on my face when I searched through the AFN program list to find no motogp covereage.... ouch...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
OK guys, I get my uniform alotment at the end of this month. I plan on buying a DVD recorder. (what did you think I would buy uniforms lol)

I will let you guys know, but I won't make a thread about it since I am sure mods would not approve, which is understandable.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If it's any constalation...

I have Speed TV at my place, I'm just not there, I'm in Iraq. So I've already paid for the programming, hehe, I just can't view it.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thedude,

You still got this covered for me? I'm so freakin pumped! I just saw BigTuna's post showing Hayden fastest in the practice.... oh jeez!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts