Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after my little lowside about 8 months back the wheel and the bars arnt lined up the wheel is about maybe 1/2 inch off.. it may just be it needs adjusted by someone other then me but theres a cahnce the frosk are bent.. If itake them off anyway to get them 100 stright or close to it?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Some of the professional suspension guys can straighten fork tubes if they arent too bad. You would have to check into it though im not sure how much it costs or where the repairable/not repairable cutoff is.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Several companies can straighten them while retaining the original strength. One I can think of off the top of my head is traxxion, and there is another in Cali I can't think of right now. It's like 30 bucks a tube, so with shipping you might drop 80-90 bucks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If your not familiar with suspension have a pro look at it. That looks pretty far off if you can see it in a photo, thats bad.

You can't always see a bend visually. The problem is if it compresses and it is bent, it can stick in the position. Thats dangerous.

It could also be a bent tree, wheel axle, wheel bearing. Don't confuse the bars being straight with the trees being straight. Is your clipon bent?

You can put it on a tree stand or support the front end. Take the wheel and forks off. Check the front axle. Check your trees and retorque the head bolt. Lay your forks next to each other and see if you see a bend. Go over everything twice and find the problem before you ride it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts