Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dcraige said:
A friend of mine loads his bike into his Astro van with room to spare, but bigger van.
sweet. So how do you get the bike in exactly? Ramps or something? Man, this miami trip is never gonna happen!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My friend and I put two full size dirtbikes in our old 01 Dodge Caravan Sport, just tied it down with the thing is the floor the seats lock onto, we just lifted the bikes in but ramps woulda worked fine.

·
Registered
256 Posts
you can use a couple of friends and lift up the bike. which is risky. ramps. I've seen people load bikes with cinder blocks and 2 by 4's onto the back of a truck.

·
Registered
886 Posts
i bought a chevy astro van with the exclusive purpose of hauling around my stunt 600rr...nobody knows what you have in there, which makes it better than a truck for hauling a bike. plus it's completely enclosed. not sure if that caravan is tall enough. might have to take the upper off. with bigger dirtbikes in an astro, u may have to compress the forks/suspension with tie straps prior to loading to clear the handlebars.

·
Registered
886 Posts
trade in your caravan for an Astro!!!

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
or a small uhall.....lol ramps are built in.... just drive in and go.... haha.. post pics if you get it in the caravan... a write up would be good tooo... now i am curious.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I brought my RR to school in ma dukes minivan. To get it in you'll need to tilt the bike a little so pu tthe ramp a littel offcenter to the right and lean it on the left side, but once you get it in it will stand up fine. The trick is to find good places to attach the tie downs too. Takes a few minutes but not hard by any means. Also youy could just get two buddies (id say 3 people total) and you can lift it in there if you dont have a ramp. good luck with the trip

·
Registered
461 Posts
blackfire18c said:
you can use a couple of friends and lift up the bike. which is risky. ramps. I've seen people load bikes with cinder blocks and 2 by 4's onto the back of a truck.
it took 4 guys (charles, wil, peter, and eric) to safely unload my ninja250 from a truck without a ramp. it would be really tough to lift a 600rr straight up off the ground or lower it safely.

i am thinking of getting a van too, lower to the ground than a truck is, and like someone else mentioned, it's enclosed and more privacy = less theft. ideally of course.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sunds great. just might try it. but I'm very autonomous and wouldn't wanna rely on others for entry and exit. I might look into a ramp first.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My buddy and I lifted a 98 cbr 600f3 into his tacoma alone, no ramps, just muscle. unloaded it as well. 3 guys would probably be plenty since the rear is light.

·
Registered
765 Posts
^^but this is an astro yes?? he wants to know if it will fit in a caravan

1 - 20 of 24 Posts