Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Is it safe to wash your bike while its on the stands? Im afraid of it rusting...unless it depends on the brand?

I like using the stands for cleaning the wheels, chain, etc. It's more convienient.

Thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
What up Jeremy?!?! I just got a used pitbull rear stand and some voretx spools...I've washed the bike on the stand with no problems...if you're concerned simply dry the stand when finished. See you on the road soon man; I rode to work last week on that beautiful Tuesday we had!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Put a magnet to it, if it doesn't stick they are probably made of aluminum or stainless. No worries of corrosion from simple bike washes.

If it does stick they are made of steel, they will rust in any place that is not painted/powdercoated.

Make sure you check any axles, bolts, etc. along with the frame of the stand because they may be made of different materials.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
^ Yep, like he said. Mine are aluminum and have been washing my bikes on them for years.

Now a buddy of mine fabricated a stand out of steel. Brought it home from the track in the bed of the truck and it started to rain. When we got home, it looked like I got it from the deck of the Titanic.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
i've got a redline stand that started to rust. then i painted it, but i bet the inside is still rusting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts