Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this question has probably already been asked but i couldnt find it.. Can you run a fully system without a pc?? Im kinda waiting to order my power commander cuz im moving.. and i dont want to get it tuned here and then the elevation change and everything else..I eventually want to have a bmc street filter and full system.. but i think that may be a lil to much without the power commander.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
you can, if the CBR is like most bikes it'll be running in a lean manner. which you DO NOT want.

Why do you think we all buy PCIIIs? Its a waste of time, not good for your bike, and loss of pow-ah if you don't do it right.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can u run a slip on and air filter??
or full system and air filter
.. I just dont wanna get a pc yet. since where i live now is completely different from where im moving.. So it wouldnt almost be pointless..

·
Registered
26 Posts
It'll run lean, and youll get a lot popping in the pipes when you let off.

It MAY tend to run a bit hot (not overheating but it'll run hotter tahn wat it usually lieks to sit at) on really scorching days.

Other than that, nothing really. Sure it may foil your oil a LITTLE bit faster, but if its just a bit, should be fine. Honda engines are tough.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
.. I just dont wanna get a pc yet. since where i live now is completely different from where im moving.. So it wouldnt almost be pointless..
you can run either or. youll be fine. jus download the map application for your setup.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It'll run lean, and youll get a lot popping in the pipes when you let off.

It MAY tend to run a bit hot (not overheating but it'll run hotter tahn wat it usually lieks to sit at) on really scorching days.

Other than that, nothing really. Sure it may foil your oil a LITTLE bit faster, but if its just a bit, should be fine. Honda engines are tough.
but is there any increase in horsepower by installing a pc?or will it be still d same like w/o installing pc?

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Bazzaz z-fi and z-afm for the win!!!!! you can make your own map everywhere you go!!!!!

and yes, with the correct mapping, ur going to make more horses, that's why ppl pay someone to make them a custom map on a dyno

·
Registered
350 Posts
I don't think anyone answered his air filter question yet but I would like to know the answer for this too please.

Air filter + stock exhaust?
Air filter + slip-on?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
I don't think anyone answered his air filter question yet but I would like to know the answer for this too please.

Air filter + stock exhaust?
Air filter + slip-on?
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket air filter with stock exhaust.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket slip on with stock air filter.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket slip on with aftermarket air filter.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket full system and stock air filter.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket full system with aftermarket air filter.

·
Registered
350 Posts
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket air filter with stock exhaust.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket slip on with stock air filter.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket slip on with aftermarket air filter.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket full system and stock air filter.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket full system with aftermarket air filter.
Thanks! :icon_stud

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
do they make a bazzaz for the 03-04? I THINK the origional poster has an 03-06 CBR600, probably an 05-06, not sure though

·
Registered
344 Posts
this question has probably already been asked but i couldnt find it.. Can you run a fully system without a pc?? Im kinda waiting to order my power commander cuz im moving.. and i dont want to get it tuned here and then the elevation change and everything else..I eventually want to have a bmc street filter and full system.. but i think that may be a lil to much without the power commander.

If you care about your motor, you will get a fuel controller at the same time. After doing a full system, filter and stacks my A/F ratio was around 14.9:1 at full throttle and it should be around 13:1. This is waaay too lean, a few pulls like this probably won't do too much damage but long term its a bad idea.

If you don't have the money to mod ur bike properly, then I'd hold off until you do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts