Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's this time of year that really makes me appreciate my job. I work for AAA doing IT work for our roadside assistance department. During the winter it blows to be woken up in the middle of the night when the tablet PCs in the tow trucks freeze up or our call taking system goes down at 4am and I have to go into the office to fix it, even if there is 2 feet of snow on the ground.

But now is the time of year that it all starts to pay off. AAA employs other towing stations as contractors because it's just not cost effective to cover such a large area on our own. So, a station in Cape May, New Jersey is having a problem with a computer and I can't get it resolved over the phone. Now I have to go there (I'm in Philadelphia which is 90 miles away). Since Cape May is a well known vacation spot for us here in Philly, I know all the backroads to get me there. It'll be 72 and sunny tomorrow. Guess how I'm getting there?

Oh yeah, I get paid for my mileage I put on my vehicles too. I heart my job.

·
Registered
907 Posts
You lucky sob. Wish my job would be to cruise down the shore

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
The RR Needs more storage space. I have to go up to rochester on thursday and the weather would be perfect for the bike, but I have to cart too much crap with me. too much for a back pack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts