Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if any of you remember my bad luck that I was having with me bike. Well thats over now. I have been on this ting everday for the last two weeks. I am going all over the place. My shifting has improved 100% I have figured out the point in which the clutch ingages and disingages. Oh ya corners are awsome.

I just want to think you guys for helping me out as much as you have. In the past I said that I was selling it. Well that will never happen. This thing is awsome.

I need to get my camera working so i can take some pics. Have done alot to it.

Thanks
Jeremy

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Good job meng!... im glad that youre starting to enjoy riding ur bike...
always remember - ride within ur limits

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Congrats, glad you finally got the hang of it. I'm missing the hell out of My RR right now. I finished the MSF course a week and a half ago. I told myself to stay off of the bike until the license paperwork shows up in the mail. It would be my luck that I would loose my permit right before the paperwork showed up that will convert that to a full license. I have been behaving so far but don't know how much longer I will be able to take it. Once I get my license though, I'll be riding everywhere, rain or shine.

BTW- try upshifting without the clutch, just roll off the throttle a bit. Don't make it a habit like I have though. :bitchslap:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now if I upshift with out the clutch will that grind the gears or anything. What exactly will it do so that I can be prepared.

U

·
0 Posts
Congrats man, we're all glad to have been of help to a fellow rider. :thumbup:

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
jrdenney said:
Now if I upshift with out the clutch will that grind the gears or anything. What exactly will it do so that I can be prepared.
Nope, It's nice and smoothe, just roll off of the throttle a bit and kick it up a gear, I'm almost convinced that you don't need to clutch to upshift.

·
Registered
327 Posts
seems like right now I am working much more on my bike rather than riding the stupid thing. My brakes, my flat tire, those are the problems that I am facing right now. But after I resolve that problem, I will be back on the horse anytime soon. last night was a perfect night to ride, but instead I was cleaning the brakes and looking the rear FLAT tire. Waiting on the tire to come in so I can bring it to the dealer.

C

·
0 Posts
typeshx98, get well....

jrdenney, Congrats! Glad it worked out between you and the machine. Now, don't go overdoing it on us. Just sit back and relax. Roll back on the throttle a little. Be smooth..... no choppy throttle. Let your lines flow, try not to lean the bars and your wrists so much. Most important... Have Fun!

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
way to go man...you're ass was having a rough time when you first came in here. way to stay on it. keep taking it slow mang!

·
Registered
393 Posts
WherzRoony said:
jrdenney said:
Nope, It's nice and smoothe, just roll off of the throttle a bit and kick it up a gear, I'm almost convinced that you don't need to clutch to upshift.
Just do it at higher rpm's. doing this at 6k around town is not the best idea.

I still use the clutch for hard charging 1st > 2nd... and that is about it.

----------

Glad to hear parent of this thread is getting the hang of it now! Good luck! :D

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Great to hear your finally getting to enjoy your bike. I`ll bet your glad you didn`t sell it now. :D

Dont forget to stay focused out there.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Hey! Hey! I remember your post, good job man.

:thumbup: Be Safe!

Jason

1 - 16 of 16 Posts