Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,

My 07 600RR have about 23 000 KM. 1K kms ago the big ticking sound starded, and bike sound like **** at all speeds. My LeoVince pipe sound metalish and this ticking is getting me crazy.

I adjusted valves prematurely 300 km ago thinking it could help. (Bike did alot of track as well).

Also asked the tech to check the CCT was he was there. He said it was fine.

Is it my injectors then? Possibly bad A/F ratio? (even tho everything on the bike is stock except for leovince pipe and K&N air filter. Bike was running great with these 2000 km ago tho).

Any clues?

Here is the video of the sound even tho we dont hear it alot.

Thanks guys,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its pretty constant. I hear it even at high speed and whole exhaust sound different. (Slughish rich noise). Bike seem to be less responsive on the throttle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Torked the manifold to 12 Nm. Still have the rattling-hugly-ticking noise. I feel like it does it just when i use throttle. Kind of a grinding noise like something is not right but i just cant figure what ;(. And neither the techs ive seen.

Ideas appreciated!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh you mean the engine valves. Yeah i did the adjustement by a tech at the Honda service about 500 km ago hoping it was going to fix the problem. =/

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No the grinding sound stops when i pull the clutch. Only the ticking keeps going but i guess its the injectors even tho they never sounded like that. Bike doesnt sound and response like it was 1000 miles ago. The grinding sound is proportional to the speed/throttle. The noise could be described as if you gently touch a running fan with an object. I feel like its related to my power loss and odd exhaust sound. (I have a leovince that now sound like a can of coca-cola).

Things ive done so far:
-Valves adjustement at Honde Service
-Cct check by honda tech
-Replace oil and filter with Rotella T6
-Adjusted exhaust manifold bolts to right torque.
-seafoam in gas line.

Thing i will do next:
-remove tank and clean air filter
-check stator/rotor

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe some clutch issues if you loose power maybe your clutch is slipping or something like that. (may be a cause of power loss) Just pull the cover off and see what's Inside :p The ticking sound may be the valves too loose. I know many people that take their bike to the shop and the shop do bad jobs. for me I always do my things on my own on my bike :p so if I make a mistake it's mine not the dealer's one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts