Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a noob and got a couple questions.

Bought a blue cbr a couple months ago. This happened to me a few times especially today, I'm in stop and go traffic, temp guage is reading 227. I stall the bike, then I can't restart it, until the the temp is below 200. Anyone no what the problem is?

Also what damage could you do if you jump start a bike with a car?

Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
you might be having a problem with your battery...i heard that it was a prob with some cbrs that it wouldnt start til the fan turned off which is usually under 220.....so maybe the fan and lights on together eating too much juice to start your battery....anyway just something i had read before might be the cause...

·
Registered
591 Posts
Jump starting a bike can kill your charging system not a good thing best bet is to buy a trickle charger.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Once the engine and starter gets "heat soaked" this will happen as the tolarances shrink and tighten up. Motorcycle batteries also suck...lol. The battery loses power when they gt really hot.

Happy Trails!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Happened to me on a couple occassions. I'm in stop & go traffic all week now, so with the combination of my lights, fan and high temp of the engine it drained the crap outta my battery. I picked up a Battery Tender and now make an effort to fully charge my battery every couple of months now. Plus I try to remember to shut off my high beam when the fan kicks on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Kid said:
I'd get an R6
Go away troll.

Anyways,
When the bike gets too hot it wont start. You can push start it, do not jump start with another cars battery. Just push the bike up to 5-6mph in gear (hold clutch in obviously while getting up to speed) then pop the clutch and she'll start right up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When bum starting, try 2nd or even 3rd gear is better for easier starting.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
6 Posts
go away troll

This?

I was being serious. My RR **** on me a handfull of times, and my track R6 has ran smooth since birth. Now I'm upside down and stuck w/ a POS. I hated Honda as soon as they abandoned the 954, and should have said FU back to 'em. Same issue.... with stalling and running like it has molasis in the tank.

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
its a honda 'safety' system.

the temp that your gauge reads is the oil temp. your block temp is different.

when your block gets to a certain temp, the computer shuts it down and only to start back up when it cools down considerably.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
RRnelcheeze said:
if its an 03-04, search for rectifier posts. its probably that.
I agree. It's the R/R or the battery or BOTH. Have them tested or buy an '04 model R/R and have the battery tested. The R/R is easy to replace.

When the charging system is working properly there is no problem with running everything on the bike. Mine has run with the high beams on for over 17k miles without an issue.

As far as jumping your bike, the car Voltage is the same (12v) but the Amperage is much higher and will fry your system.

·
Registered
175 Posts
GET OFF THIS SITE!!!! GO FIND A YAMAJUNK SITE TO SH** ON!! You Honda hat'n people

·
Registered
176 Posts
Kid said:
This?

I was being serious. My RR **** on me a handfull of times, and my track R6 has ran smooth since birth. Now I'm upside down and stuck w/ a POS. I hated Honda as soon as they abandoned the 954, and should have said FU back to 'em. Same issue.... with stalling and running like it has molasis in the tank.
If you have the RR and Honda so much why do you even come to the forums and this site?

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I recently posted the same problem and I'm waiting to get a r/r (rectifier/regulator). I JUST came home from work from moderately slow traffic (almost stop and go), and my temp was about 225, no h/b on. I stalled it once and when I started it, it had that slow turning over sound and I was like, "I KNOW THAT sound..." I literally JUST got a new battery. I got home and took it out of my bike and hooked it up the charger (charging right now). I'll get the r/r and see how it works out. Although, I looked at my 2003 r/r and the difference between a 2004 or 2005 r/r is a different mount plate (some have called it a heat shield), but the r/r itself, I imagine would still face the exhaust manifold and still be exposed to a lot of heat. I'm thinking I need to do a load test and see if it ain't the stator. It can only be two things at this point, since my battery is brand new and fully charged!

Let me know what you do and how it works out and if anyone else has gone through it, what has your experience been?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have the RR and Honda so much why do you even come to the forums and this site?
I assume have = hate.
I don't hate Honda, just the POS 6RR. I came here for maintenace know-how. I didn't know that a complete stranger's insults would offend you. For that I apologize and withdraw my statement. The 6RR is a great bike. I'm done here, young'en.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Kid said:
I assume have = hate.
I don't hate Honda, just the POS 6RR. I came here for maintence know-how. I didn't know that a complete stranger's insults would offend you. For that I aplogize and withdraw my statement. The 6RR is a great bike. I'm done here, young'en.

You are a donkey.

I assume:
maintence = maintenance
aplogize = apologize

If you are going to make fun of people, do it somewhere else. Have you ever actually ridden a motorcycle? Strike that, please don't post on this site again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How embarassing??
I fixed it, thank you kindly.
:icon_lol:

yeah R'6s looks so retarded , the front looks like a spastic ant
You're right it does, however, it's not really a concern to me. I purchase bikes due to comfort, reliabilty, weight, agility, stability, and price. However, I guess looks are still important to the kind of people still watching Saturday morning cartoons.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts