Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to install a new oil filter to my 08rr; and i've bought a bosch p3300; i was pretty convinced about my purchase since today when a friend said to me that it can cause some problems to the bike due to the different pressure.
Now, before order the filter i've check all the honda and bosch specs and both are the same...is there something that am i missing?
Any experience on using car oil filter on our bike?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
It will probably be fine as long as the threads match and the seal lines up properly.

Why though? OEM, or HiFlo are dirt cheap.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why though? OEM, or HiFlo are dirt cheap.
Just because i've made an order for the maintenance of my car and since i was buying there i also add the oil filter for my bike. bosch is quite cheap as well.
i've here these price for the oil filter
bosch p3300 7€
honda OEM 13€
hiflow hf204 7€

can i mount it without problem so?these are the specs:
http://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com/public/catalog/products?p_p_id=BoschWSRP&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_count=1&_BoschWSRP_wsrp-urlType=blockingAction&_BoschWSRP_wsrp-navigationalState=/WFS/AAGLOBAL-AA-Catalog-Site/en_GB/-/EUR/ViewSearchProduct-Detail;pgid=D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF84iCYBXZ4;sid=eqo53OWbFvV82rV-s4G1JuoQWgX6Oy6lGWo=&_BoschWSRP_proxyportlet-remoteInvocation=true

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Linky no worky. Just a page with no info.

FYI, HiFlow is a K&N filter in disguise. Best bang for the buck

·
Registered
3,308 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scroll down to the bottom and find the group with your thread/filter dimensions.

http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterXRef.html
according to this link the filter should be more than ok:
"Recommended filters.
All have superior
filtering.

About 2.5 inches long.

• Purolator Pure One PL14612, about $6.
  • Mobil M1-108, about $12.
  • Bosch 3300
"
@NaturalPhenomenon: i live near Milan in Italy, none have purolator here in stock; my options are hiflow,champion, Honda oem and bosch.

·
Registered
932 Posts
^ that sucks

Just to let everyone know the 14612 and 14610 are the same threads. The 14610 is just an inch longer than the other and OEM filters.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts