Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a car sat nav to go on the bike and am thinking of using a ram mount to view it from. I am unsure how best to wire it to the bike to charge it on the run and listen to the instructions while on the move especially as it is connected to my phone. Although I don't want to talk to people while riding the ability to say a quick few words would be useful.

Can anyone please advise me? Cheers, Paul

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have bought a car sat nav to go on the bike and am thinking of using a ram mount to view it from. I am unsure how best to wire it to the bike to charge it on the run and listen to the instructions while on the move especially as it is connected to my phone. Although I don't want to talk to people while riding the ability to say a quick few words would be useful.

Can anyone please advise me? Cheers, Paul

I dont know about talking while riding but if you want a simple way to power it get one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Gilsson-Direct-Garmin-Magellan-TomTom/dp/B001A4HAQ2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brandon. I am from the UK but have found something like this. I suppose my only concern is now to keep this waterproof when not in use.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't have a problem with the mini usb lead getting wet when not in use? How have you powered your sat nav and how have you mounted it? Cheers for your replies with the links.

·
Registered
655 Posts
can you post the hardware you bought from ram. I want to get some for my phone and a cup holder but unsure as to what hardware to purchase for the mount

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the link.
I am still unsure of the size on the hole through the steering column, how best to wire the sat nav to the bike and how to keep it waterproof?
Can someone please advise me on these things?
Cheers, Paul

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thanks for the link.
I am still unsure of the size on the hole through the steering column, how best to wire the sat nav to the bike and how to keep it waterproof?
Cheers, Paul
as for the size, why dont you measure your bike
for keeping the plug from water, idk put a cover over it?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sat nav

I asked for the size as I have the same bike as everyone here and thought it easier to ask so no need to say what you did. Cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,484 Posts
Thanks for the link.
Cheers, Paul
Paul, maybe try to get some shrink wrap or some of rubber tubing to go over it. Check your local hardware stores, or your local Harbor Freight because I know they carry a lot of useful stuff for cheap. Also, you should be able to hide most of the wiring underneath the fairings.

I asked for the size as I have the same bike as everyone here and thought it easier to ask so no need to say what you did. Cheers
I thought everyone here had a UNIQUE RR... :drunk::crackup::cruising:

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sat nav

I have seen this aqua box on Uk websites but as you say it is expensive for what it is.
Please let me know if you get one how you get on with it and thanks for the reply. Cheers, Paul

·
Registered
132 Posts
I will post something as soon as I do, but it will be a while before I get any pics of it - sitting in a foot and a half of snow from several storms over the last few weeks. I just replaced my old Garmin with a new one so I also have to research some more to be sure they make one to fit the new unit.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How do you guys listen to the instructions from the satnav or do you just look at it? I am thinking of either slim headphones that velcro into the helmet or over the ear headphones for running in?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts