Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within 2 weeks, my parents' car tires got slashed twice, on two different cars. The b*****d knows what car we have and been constantly hated on us. Does anyone know a good spy camera that I can put inside the car? I will also have another one outside the house to watch. The distance from the house to the car is about 150 feet so catching him from that great of a distance is tough without the internal camera.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks small enough, but how's the picture quality? Besides, where would I hook up the power source?

Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Oh and it's 380i so it's a little worse than standard television since SDTV runs at 480 horizontal lines it also has a refresh rate of 60hz which is also SDTV. It also runs on direct current 9V so either a 9V battery or you can splice into a cigarette lighter. It also transmits 300 meters or about 1,000 feet. Plus 1.2 Ghz transmission so you'll get a pretty live feed.

·
Registered
805 Posts
if you're in a dixie state, feel free to defend your property.

I would seriously just watch it for a long period of time. a .22 with a scope is cheap and will definitely suit your needs from any range. if it's residential, look online for a cheap, easy way to muffle the sound should you need to disable his vehicle, or shoot him in the calf.

I was a crazy kid, but Vandalism and Theft have always been wayyyyy beneath me.

Non lethally shooting a punk so he has a harder time running on the other hand...

·
Registered
25 Posts
and remember, hit 'em below the belt! That way it's not attempted murder!

Firing a weapon at someone, even when aiming below the belt, or just to wound in general, is still attempted homicide. I know for a fact (from experience, in AZ at least) if you fire more than one round, every bullet after the first bullet is also an added count of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon (if it does not hit them) , which is a lesser included charge in Attempted Homicide charged for the first bullet.

Best thing to do would be to put up a few cameras into the entry ways to the place where the subject is most likely to park his vehicle on his approach to your vehicle. It would also be a good idea to put an additional camera in the vicinity of the vehicle being damaged. You also may want to invest into better lighting around the vehicle, and also get rid of any brush, bush, trees, or any other object blocking the view to the vehicle or the roadway. Unless the vandal leaves prints or DNA behind, a police report will go nowhere, but you should file one anyways, just so you have a paper trail started once the culprit is caught. If the damage is significant, and it meets the requirements for a felony, you will have 7 years to prosecute for the crime. If it is a misdemeanor, you still have a year from the date the crime is brought to the attention of the police. Good luck and I hope you catch the little **** without getting yourself in trouble.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guy for all your valuable advices. :beer:

Watching him with a scope is not an option, because it usually happens at 3-4 in the morning and to get up every day looking out the windows is not practical. Secondly, there's no evidence of catching crime in action.

I already have 1 camera running, but I'm planning to get 2 more to view at different angles. One is a Wirelss Pinhole Camera while the other is an infrared camera. I personally want to beat his a** first before reporting it to the police. We have witnesses about this crime factor as well. If possible, I might even press charge against him for all the tires that we replaced.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
get a trail cam from your local hunting store,, they should be less then $100, and will take video/pics of the perp night or day

1 - 16 of 16 Posts