Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to properly remove the canister to make or turn a CA bike into a 49stater... kinda hard to explain but its that canister that sits at the bottom by the rear wheel and i heard if done properly you can get just a little bit more power out of it. I had this done on my last bike but never knew how to do it. I dont know if its safe to do so for emissions but if i can get alittle bit more power out of it safely than ill do it. Does it do any harm to the engine or do you have to re route the vaccum lines or put in a filter some where.. i dont know but i kinda wanna do it but if its not possible or too complicated down the rode than forget about it. thanks agian

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It doesnt make any power differences, only throttle response. There should be a how to somewhere on here i think.

·
Registered
583 Posts
try typin "removing canister" in the search bar. found a few topics pertaining to removing the canister. may do it this weekend

·
Registered
130 Posts
I removed mine.. it is very easy. take off your lower fairings. Then gram a 12mm(i think)maybe 13mm wrench and take off the two bolts on each side of it that attach it to the bike.. that is 4 total bolts... two on each side.. can't miss them. then there will be two hoses connected to it. I cut them off with a razor blade because pulling really hard doesn't seem to work that well. Then I cleaned up, and you may want to make a little bracket of some kind to bolt your lowers to each other, as they originally bolt to the carb can , or just leave it. they won;t fall off as long as you bolt the rest of the lowers back on properly. Some people say to plug one of the hoses.. I didn't plug either of them and the bike runs exactly the same as before.. just 4.5 pounds lighter. It's been that way for 800 miles. I woulnd't worry about plugging them at all.. So to sum it all up.. just rip that bitch out and toss it in the garBAGE!

Peace

1 - 5 of 5 Posts