Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i read up on the forums to remove the carbon canister/PAIR system. After hearing the debate on whether or not on why it should be removed, should i remove mine just because or should it be removed because ill be doing a few track days this year and will it effect street/canyon riding. Thats all and i just want to hear your IMO

-cheers

·
Registered
639 Posts
The only reason to remove the PAIR system is if you are going to get dyno tuned. The PAIR system does nothing more than inject air into the exhaust stream which will throw a wideband o2 sensor off, while tuning. Well, and to reduce weight would be another reason to remove it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not so sure what these carbon cans are. Are we talking about the cat?

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
timmy how long youve been in Lemoore? i lived there as a kid...stayed on base im a military brat

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is my second time being here. I'm in the Navy. I lived here in 2000-2002 and I've been back since March 2005

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only reason to remove the PAIR system is if you are going to get dyno tuned. The PAIR system does nothing more than inject air into the exhaust stream which will throw a wideband o2 sensor off, while tuning. Well, and to reduce weight would be another reason to remove it
Thanks Downforce...yeah its mainly just to get some weight off but if i dont need it and its not going to eff the bike up in the long run than yeah ill go for it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Will this be a problem being in California?

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ehh im not to worried about it...if i need to put it on than ill just put it back on...only takes about an hour of time to do it and i love working on the bike... yeah i was there since 96-02 my pops was over at AIMD 700Div

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I was down at VFA-122 now I'm teaching at CNATTU/Namtra.

Hmm I might just do this? Does the bike have to go threw a smog?

·
Registered
25 Posts
In 122 or CNATTU?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts