Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yea, I thought this was going to happen (him moving to WSBK). Farewell Carlos!

Btw, does he have a brother? I saw another Checa.

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
Wait who is all at Ten Kate next year? I thought Kiyonari was to ride WSBK and Rea to ride SS for one year, then WSBK for two? Also will Kenan still run in SS?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
i think they are having 3 riders next year...checa, kiyonari and one other dude from supersport i think

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know Kenan Sofuoglu, the 2007 SuperSport Champion, from Ten Kate's 600cc team is also heading to WSBK with Ten Kate of course.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yea, I thought this was going to happen (him moving to WSBK). Farewell Carlos!

Btw, does he have a brother? I saw another Checa.
I believe he is Carlos Checas younger brother or cousin or something. There is definitely a relationship there, I am just not sure of it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
David Checa is younger bro for Carlos running in SS races... not very talented tho.. had a few good runs with the M1 and didn't do well, so now a backmarker in SS

N

·
0 Posts
What?!!! Why? He's old. Bring someone else in like Jonathan Rea or Kinyori or someone from the US.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What?!!! Why? He's old. Bring someone else in like Jonathan Rea or Kinyori or someone from the US.

Someone from the U.S.?

Like who Duhamel, he's already an old fart and he is hurt. Besides that Checa would beat his arse one handed.

Josh Hayes, oh wait he got hurt at the last session.

Who do you have left? Hodgson?

N

·
0 Posts
Someone from the U.S.?

Like who Duhamel, he's already an old fart and he is hurt. Besides that Checa would beat his arse one handed.

Josh Hayes, oh wait he got hurt at the last session.

Who do you have left? Hodgson?
Oh, that's right. US riders suck...haha

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Carlos Checa son is a racer too ( cars i believe ) and his is very talented

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, that's right. US riders suck...haha
I don't think U.S. riders suck, I just think that, presently, Honda U.S. doesn't have the talented riders needed to survive in MotoGP. Who says Spies can't make an impression, I think he can, its a damn shame Suzuki didn't pick him for the 2008 MotoGP season.

·
Registered
921 Posts
To simplify the Ten Kate situation they've also signed up Andrew Pitt to ride either Supersport or Superbike - they've not actually said which class he will ride.

So the line up is...

Checa & Sofuoglu on WSB plus Kiyonari?

Rea doing Supersport plus Pitt?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
i hope Kenan KILLS it in WSBK. that dude can ride.

·
Registered
384 Posts
It will be interesting to see how Ten Kate's new lineup will do in WSBK...I have a feeling next year will be Bayliss or Haga.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts