Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since everyone will be nice and fat after the Holiday Turkey, who is gonna wobble around the track at CMP? Also, since camping isn't allowed, for some odd reason, where is everyone staying?

I called the track and they gave me two addresses.
1. Executive Inn - 4 miles away (803) 475-7575
2. Colony Inn, in Camden, - 18 miles away (803) 432-5508

As with most tracks, the closest hotel is usually a dive with no where to go in the evenings, so I am assuming that Camden will be the logical city to stay.

What say you?

·
Registered
932 Posts
I've stayed at the Executive Inn when running at CMP. It is definitely convenient, however, there is nothing, I REPEAT NOTHING, of any note in the vinicinity. So, if you are looking for nightlife, I would definitely suggest staying somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man... that's what I was thinking. Looks like Camden is the nearest civilization.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roger that... I'm still working on it. Looks like you, Greg and I will split a room. There is rumor of others maybe sharing room costs too, but we'll see.

I'm on it!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called a bunch of places this morning and ended up booking one room, two beds, at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Camden. She said it's about 17 miles from the track and 3 miles from down town Camden. The Colony Cup is going on so horse lovers are flocking like crazy.

Looks like Kevin, Greg and I are for sure splitting this room. Will have room for 1 or 2 more depending on your sleeping habits. I believe that Dave (molsonman) is in for Saturday but not sure if he needs a room or not. And there is rumor of Mike making the journey down as well. Sooo, there is potential to get a 4th to split costs.

Seeing how I took the initiative, I don't wanna hear any crap about location or room quality. You rotten whores... :icon_lol:

·
High Roller
167 Posts
dayrock said:
Called a bunch of places this morning and ended up booking one room, two beds, at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Camden. She said it's about 17 miles from the track and 3 miles from down town Camden. The Colony Cup is going on so horse lovers are flocking like crazy.

Looks like Kevin, Greg and I are for sure splitting this room. Will have room for 1 or 2 more depending on your sleeping habits. I believe that Dave (molsonman) is in for Saturday but not sure if he needs a room or not. And there is rumor of Mike making the journey down as well. Sooo, there is potential to get a 4th to split costs.

Seeing how I took the initiative, I don't wanna hear any crap about location or room quality. You rotten whores... :icon_lol:
I'm gonna have to go ahead and take one of those spots D-.....And no Greg I won't spoon with you.....BTW does CMP have power??? Or is it generator city?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Molsonman said:
BTW does CMP have power??? Or is it generator city?
They have electrical hook ups through out the paddock. But if you got a generator, bring it. No idea what the hotel is gonna be like. Plus I hear Greg brings a big blow dryer with him...

·
High Roller
167 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
I'll bring my cot and sleeping bag. Also I have an extra cot if someone needs one.

Also guys, FYI bring your own shower towel.
Sorry Derek no Honda generator. I do have a few extension cords I'll throw in the trailer. I have a blow up mattress but it's a queen size (is that too big?)if so I guess I'll just crash on the floor with my sleeping bag....Unless you would be willing to let me borrow that other cot Blade-Runner.... :) Guess I won't need the big air conditioner fan this time huh?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Molsonman said:
Sorry Derek no Honda generator. I do have a few extension cords I'll throw in the trailer. I have a blow up mattress but it's a queen size (is that too big?)if so I guess I'll just crash on the floor with my sleeping bag....Unless you would be willing to let me borrow that other cot Blade-Runner.... :) Guess I won't need the big air conditioner fan this time huh?
I think that blow up mattress will take up too much room. Yes you can use a cot.

·
High Roller
167 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
I think that blow up mattress will take up too much room. Yes you can use a cot.
Thank you sir....I figured it'd be too big for a small A$$ hotel room....and Mike. I heard Dayrock is a cuddler too so I'll let him and Greg go to town. Don't want anyone to get jealous!!! :)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Speaking of Dr. Spoon, Mikey, you coming or what? Kevin is picking me up along the way on Friday. Room for uno mass!

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
goat-bord said:
By the sounds of it, unless you fags go find a goat to take out the sexual frustrations on before the trip,....... I'm going to lock myself in the bathroom and sleep in the tub.
now that's funny right thar

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
goat-bord said:
By the sounds of it, unless you fags go find a goat to take out the sexual frustrations on before the trip,....... I'm going to lock myself in the bathroom and sleep in the tub.
Oh snap thats my new sig right there.

·
High Roller
167 Posts
goat-bord said:
That's gotta be a quote from some movie!!! I'm afraid to even wonder what Greg would do in the bathroom by himself.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts