Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say............. I know there is a post on this somewhere and that my buddy fell for it and got screwed!!!!!! I haven't talked to him in a month or so, so I didn't have a chance to warn him. I knew nothing of the transaction before he did it. Too bad he doesn't read 600rr.net posts!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not much to say except the guy (from out of state) came and picked up bike and gave a fake check. A couple days later my buddy found out it was fake. He made a police report but believes the bike is in a hundred peices by now. I HATE THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
OuCH.. that hurts big time!!!! What bike did he sell and how much was the transaction? Doesn't he have his info? Like his driver's license and bill of sale etc?? I usually obtain all those before I let go of the bike. Even still, I would not let go of the bike until the check has been fully cleared under my name and safely in my account. I guess he told he was getting a steal for the bike. :bitchslap:

·
Registered
140 Posts
when i went to my dealer, i used my bank for the financing. I was told that unless I bring cash, the title stayed with the dealership until the check/money order/ etc. cleared. I took $6995 in green to the dealer with me. DAMN it was tempting.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Eek, man that blows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts