Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can find video clips and all but can’t seem to find the answer I’m looking for specifically. I’m sure it’s gonna make it louder, maybe it will add power but what I want to know will it reduce felt heat on the right leg? If so to me it’s worth doing but if there is no difference then I won’t waste my time. Thoughts?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm on the fence right now too. I have an Akra slip on and want to take off some weight, add some hp, add some noise and maybe reduce heat. It isn't an expensive mod, so I might do it. Only issue I see is needing a tune of some sort after.

·
CBRCHRIS
108 Posts
Cat delete is worth it in every aspect but the answer to your question directly is YES if
You buy titanium piping titanium dissipates heat quickly vs lingering like it does with double wall steel

·
Registered
70 Posts
I didn't really want to on my bike, as it was nearly brand new at the time, but the heat on my right foot was horrible! I literally had to ride with my foot off the right peg when I could. It wasn't just uncomfortable, but almost unbearable at times. Yes, I could keep my foot there, but it was not nice at all.

I did the cat delete, and the bike likes it.

However, you will have to get used to the smell if your bike was stock before and running right.

Definitely can smell exhaust now.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
I have an Arrow full SS system.

My normal riding doesn't have long red lights or traffic delays, I keep moving.

I don't leave bike idling at traffic lights for longer than 30 sec's or so.

I ride with full gear, and haven't noticed any heat at all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
when my bike had the cat it wasn't when I was stopped in traffic, or at lights. it was when I was on it harder. Catalysts get hotter when more exhaust goes thru em.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m gonna do this. Just did the fender eliminator, doing the flush signals in the front tomorrow and exhaust Tuesday. I’ll remove the cat next and do the levers at the same time. It’s slowly coming together!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts