Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2005 Cbr 600 RR. Got it home and noticed that it bogs down alittle with throttle. When driving the bike if you ease into the throttle it's fine. But when you give it instant full throttle it Boggs down and slowly catches up to itself. After riding if you cut the bike off you have to wait 5-10mins before the bike will start again. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey man. That really sounds like an overly rich condition, but weird as it's fuel injected. Start with the easy things, check the connections to your spark plugs/ignition coils, check the air filter, pull spark plugs after and inspect them if that doesn t do it. I had that issue on carbed bikes. After riding you say that you can t start it. try and open the throttle when that happens and see if it starts, that should give it some air. Do you sense any smell of gas when cranking it after riding?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, you can smell gas coming from the lid, I'll check the plugs today. I was thinking the plugs may be fouled ain't can't keep up with the fuel distribution

·
Registered
7 Posts
Really sorry to hijack the post but I'm looking to start my own forum about an engine knock from my CBR 600 2004 and can't find where to start a thread? Anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So got the spark plugs out today, they were horrible, drenched in fuel. Put the new ones in. Noticed something else, the fuel pump primes constantly. No clue why. It's not jumped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So got the spark plugs out today, they were horrible, drenched in fuel. Put the new ones in. Noticed something else, the fuel pump primes constantly. No clue why. It's not jumped.
check the fuel lines, I had a crack in the fuel line once and had to replace.
the main fuel line must be loosing presure, if fuel line is ok, you may need to check the fuel pump it self. presure regulator may not be working properly.
Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts