Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am having an issue with my bike in which I have to turn on/off the bike as well as the kill switch in order to start my bike.

As you may know there are usually 2 lights that light up on the dash and simultaneously the bike primes. In order to start my bike I have to continuously turn the bike on and off kill switch and key switch hoping the bike will start. It may start on the first try as it may start on the second, third, fourth, etc.

Also, when it ends up priming I start the bike and it automatically shuts off unless I roll the throttle.

It was happening for months so I tried changing the battery (oem). It worked for a few days but the problem returned.

I was wondering if this has happened to anybody and is there any suggestions on what can I do to rectify this issue.

Thank you for you support.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Could be 2 separate causes, check the wiring at the connectors at the Ignition and Starter/Stop switch, and maybe clean up the Starter/Stop switch themselves

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel like this has just started recently happening to me as well. Now I don't use the Killswitch to turn off the bike. I just leave in the run position and use use the key to turn on and the starter switch..

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
use search OTF?

·
Registered
2 Posts
use search OTF?

sorry i dont know what otf is?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel like this has just started recently happening to me as well. Now I don't use the Killswitch to turn off the bike. I just leave in the run position and use use the key to turn on and the starter switch..
Yes, that is what im doing now and it always starts. I tried turning it off and then the problem returned. It may be something in the kill switch button...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
use search OTF?

Yea that is what I did initially...could not find a satisfying answer. But now I just keep it in the run position and looks like is working well...I just dont knos if on the long run it will cause issues...

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
take the switch apart and clean the copper contacts, put it back together with die-electric grease.

Use the ignition key only to start/stop motor.

Do not use the kill switch.

Use the search OTF , there's several threads with good info .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts