Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropped a deposit on a track only 2012 RR. Previously rode F2 and F3 so comfortable staying in the CBR family. Suspect this RR will be a little quicker, handle better, start easier than the carb'd F2 and F3(s) that i owned. Also have RM 250, TTR 125 and JR 50... and some cars... :)

Live in Toronto area and will be at a couple local tracks starting this May. Cayuga, Shannonville and Mosport (CTMP) Anyone doing the same?

Ah, is there anything I should know about this bike?

Pure stock with 520 conversion, safety wired with track plastic. No sliders and may need a steering damper.

·
Registered
68 Posts
you will notice that it will start and run way better. However the 09-12 ones are the least performance oriented of all the new stuff,so I am not sure if it will be actually better than your F3? Probably tho. the 07-08 is definitely better, probably the best stock 600. 13+ is a step in the right direction, but its also heavier than the 07-08. easier to bring back to top notch specs. the 09-12 bikes have very cool liveries available tho

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
However the 09-12 ones are the least performance oriented of all the new stuff,so I am not sure if it will be actually better than your F3? Probably tho. the 07-08 is definitely better, probably the best stock 600. 13+ is a step in the right direction, but its also heavier than the 07-08. easier to bring back to top notch specs.
Huh???? Not sure where you are pulling your info from but the 09-12 and 13+ motor and tuning are 99% the same. For a “licensed tech” as you stated you are in another thread it seems like you are guessing a lot..........

As the former owner of an F2, F3 racebike and an ‘11 RR, and I’ve ridden every version of the Honda 600’s, there’s a HUGE difference between the F3 and RR.

The “massive power” difference everyone keeps touting between the 07/08 and 09+ is 5hp on the very top end however the 09+ has a large mid range bump in power that’s quite noticeable where you spend 95% of your time riding. And the weight difference is around 10 lbs, nothing a pipe and a few other small mods will take of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts