Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have been reading on the forums for the past 2 to 3 weeks about how to fix my bike, but I can't seem to find the answer.

Problem: I flick the key over and gauge does it's normal checks but i can't hear the pump prime. I don't think it's my fuel pump because i have only just replaced it. Also I have a BAS that has 2 damaged wires. When i put the wires together I can hear the fuses click and i got the fuel pump to prime and started. I tested this 2-3 times then I clamped the wires together. I tried to start it again and nothing. So i unclasped the wires and just hold them together like before and nothing again the fuel pump won't prime.

The next game I come again and try the same thing. I hold the wires together and the bike starts up did this about 2-3 times, clamp the wires and again nothing, remove the clamps and nothing again.

Just the other day I tried putting the wires together and now I'm consistently getting no fuel pump priming. I have checked all the fuses and they seem to be working fine and not broken.

I will include a pic of the BAS (at least i think thats what is it). Also i have tried to by pass it with a wire into the 2 outside wires the green wire and the white/red wire, but still no luck.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
It appears the bas is three wire. One power one ground and one signal,when your holding them together you probably have close enough to proper resistance to start,with it clamped there is less resistance, and therefore it thinks the bike is at too much lean and won't prime. This is the only thing I can think of.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for the replay but it that was the case i believe that it should have worked once i brought it back to the original case of just holding the wires together but now i'm not getting any reaction from the bike.

I have ordered and new BAS and i will see if that is the problem but i have a feeling that it's not the main cause behind the reason the bike's fuel pump isn't priming.

Anyone else with any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Cut the middle wire out of the plug and only use the outside 2 and wire together. This will by pass the bas and will turn it on if that is the problem. T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts