Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone, I recently (07/17/2020) bought my CBR600RR 2018 with less then 600 miles, was a dream. Bike was mint, looks was just out of store. It came with TOCE exhaust, looks beautiful the sound was amazing.

The exhaust was installed by the previous owner and who seems be a person who does everything right , let's say, everything looks really well installed, cables, pipe.... rear lights all like perfect installed....
Once I bought the bike, I toke it to Honda to change oil and check fluids and everything needed to be ready to ride. As it was keeped
for a while whitout use, I thought it need normally preventive maintenance.

Once the bike was ready I rode from cape cod to Philadelphia, it's supposed to be THE trip.

But right before George Washington bridge,
95 South , Bronx NY, the exhaust came out when I was normally riding, not crazy speeding or anything crazy. It has traffic... I felt the shake, the panel turned off and I rapidly found a safe place to topped and check....... Wow I had lost exhaust, plates....

It was a not hardly use bike, the exhaust was bought 06/16/2019 and not hardly used.... Bike had less then 600 miles!!!!
I'm sorry but I think the exhaust had some problem, it shouldn't happen.

Now....

I'm kinda lost, to reinstall the original exhaust,
I need to buy the screw's to get it together but witch one should I buy? service here are kinda limited and also I'm kinda broken, I bought my motorcycle dream and one week later, the exhaust that came in my bike, one toce exhaust came off in a middle of 95.….

I just want get my bike together and enjoy the time left of Sumer :(

Video with exhaust 07/24/2020 2:11 pm ( gas station DARIEN, CT, 06820)

Video without exhaust 07/24/2020 2:45 pm Bronx NY 95 South before exit 4a

Andrey Zenith

·
Registered
156 Posts
Videos won't play for me. But looks like your Toce slip-on (not your exhaust, which would be a much, much bigger deal) wasn't attached tightly enough and it vibrated off. These PoS aren't mufflers anyway, just pipes for posers.

So buy a used slip-on from eBay and attach it. There's really not much to it. And it looks like the stock ones go for about $100. There are no special screws, just some muffler brackets which should come with the muffler.

If you don't want to go stock buy any used slip-on that fits this bike. Facebook forums usually have some for sale. They literally slip-on. Then tighten the muffler brackets. Depending on your setup you may have some heat shields and license plate mounting brackets that will need to be taken off and reinstalled.

This is really not too big of a deal in terms of $$ and work involved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you man , :( I didn't know the name of that part :/. Thank you for the help, hopelly soon I'll be riding it thru USA

·
Registered
237 Posts
You just need a slip on as well and you’re back on the road.
Will come with mounting bracket but unlikely with bolts.
You may have to buy them.
I must say I have never seen one fall off before,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts