Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to MotorCyclist, the 600RR ranked 2nd behind the new Triumph...

3) Gix 750
4) Gix 600
5) R6
6) Ninja 636
7) Ninja 600

Intresting...

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
i just finished reading that too.

people said the suspension on the triumph didnt feel too good.

the 2 gsx-r's were both nice but one guy said they had similar lap times and couldnt tell the difference

the R6, no one really liked because all power was at top and it was revvin more than power and lots of shifting going on. also said soemthing about fly by wire not being good.

the kawisuckis.. well they speak for themselves, they suck. the LCD display thingy was a big nono.

and the honda.. everyone said it didnt feel fast but when they looked at their laptimes, they did really well. it was the bike most easiest to get aquainted to, like if u knew how to ride on the track, you could ride the RR no problems because it made you feel comfortable.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Yeah I finally got that mag too. I thought my subscription ended and I missed it then it showed up in the mail. I was relieved I didn't have to buy it. I was happy to hear how the RR did. I love the stats at the end of the article. The Honda really shines in the midrange. If I didn't have a Honda I would be on the 675. If I had to pick another Japanese bike other than the RR it would be the R6. It was a great article.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
this magazine doesnt seem too biased, they have a bunch of people testing bikes instead of one. i remember one day i was outside waxing my car and this hotttt girl walks by and is doing a magazine subscription thingy for her college so i couldnt say no.. but damn, all i got was a subscription, nothing else!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I love the looks of the Triumph, just have a tough time trusting them. They are getting pretty far into the sportbike scene now, and they are undoubtedly learning a lot each year, there has been significant improvements on every model since the TT600. I read a review on the 650 a little while back where they invited a bunch of people to a track for a grand opening and let everyone ride them. Apparantly a couple of the bikes died at the track and it looked really bad for Triumph, hehe.

Aside from the reliability issue, I am very impressed with the improvements they are making, looks like a great bike!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Mike Handler said:
still think the triumph would get spanked once push came to shove on a professional level but that's just because I own a honda.

i guess it depends on who's riding it:
http://www.triumph.co.uk/usa/3603_4215.aspx

personally i think it's a frankenstein bike. 600RR exhaust, tail section, R6s swing arm, RR front end, kawasaki styling, ducati style tubular frame...ughhhhhly...and, 3 cylinders...com'on, that's like having 1 nut...lol j/k for those with 1 nut

1 - 14 of 14 Posts