1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CBR Heaven - $45.00
http://cbrheavenusa.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=11

D2Moto - $18.95
http://www.d2moto.com/Items/lts006-...B 919 Flush Mount LED Euro Smoke Turn Signals

They have the same numbers even in the images. These are the same. So why the huge price difference? In the pics, the cbrheaven one has a little black pig tail thing. Not sure what that is. Has anyone ordered these? Anything I am missing as to why these prices are so drastically different?

You can even see where D2MOTO edited the image poorly to cut out the pig tail thing.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
160 Posts
i got the d2moto ones. the d2moto ones aren't plug and play you have to solder them. the cbrheaven ones look like they're plug and play. if i were your i'd just get the d2moto ones and splice the wires, tape them up with electrical wire, and you'll be on your way. BTW these flushmounts suck during the day but at night they're ok.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do u have the smoked version by any chance? i havent seen a flush mount yet that is half way visible. i dont think people pay enough attention to the front of bikes anywho so i am not as concerned. i just dont like the big stalks coming out. ruins the lines of the bike imo.

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts
Protons!!!!! They are the brightest signals on the market. Have seen just about every front signal you can think of. Protons are by far brighter than any out... T

·
Registered
22 Posts
i hav the protons.. they are sick! do yourself a favor and spend the extra dough on the proton lights... they hav a three wire hook up so u get a running light, none of the others offer this they are all two wires w/ no running light.. the protons are much safer and also hav three different blinking styles.. bright as hell too. trust me u wont be disapointed... i wasn't at all and every person i've showed them to thinks they are sweet.

·
Registered
606 Posts
anything less than protons is a crime...or suicide. as cagers won't be able to see some of the cheaper front blinkers esp when staring at the bike head on

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmm ok so now i am thinking about protons. i actually dont like the running lights. just my opinion so they are not a huge deal for me.

where do u get protons? i found an old thread by ridersinc which doesnt have a website selling them for 85 bux. chaparral sells them for 100 bux.

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts
ebay, best price I found them for.
chaparral???? Did anyone else notice their site isn't secure when checking out. Watch that CC number, don't want people getting ahold of it.. T

·
Registered
606 Posts
protons up front / Bikelites FE above the hugger.

both cost me a total of $160. I wanted an integrated tail but i didnt feel like coughing up over 200 for lights :p

THe bikelitez FE sits above the hugger and i think the light is plenty bright + it reflects off the exhaust so it makes it seem brighter

heres a crappy pic of it at night in my garage:

currently, i have no passenger pegs because i don't ride any1 in the back, but when i move back to Cali next month with my GF, i will be investing in some Tripage LED pegs for add'l safety because i will be riding with her frequently :)

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
ebay, best price I found them for.
chaparral???? Did anyone else notice their site isn't secure when checking out. Watch that CC number, don't want people getting ahold of it.. T
i noticed that it is secured. check out the verisign at the bottom of the site. Also, when check out, when it asks "display insecure items", hit "no".

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i actually wound up getting them off the shelf and price matched to 85 bux at triangle cycles up near me. so yes, i went w/ protons.

the question though is, i still have the stock rears. they said something about needing a load balancer? bwa?

before i install any lights i am going to get the puig FE and get some LED shorties. so i don't think i need any resistors or balancers or what not.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts