Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm so mad this license plate bracket has rubbed my rear fender!! it looks like crap, has anyone else had this problem ? and would it do me any good to contact them?:gun1:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
My plate hits my rear tire when i have a passenger and I go up a curb or some bump. But that's because it's like right above the top of the tire. But def not even close when Im riding solo....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine rubbed and I modded it and it still rubbed. Contacted them and they said I was a retard and that nobody elses has rubbed and that was it . No offer to correct the problem so I threw it in the trash and made one. Babbits Honda online sells new oem buggers for like $7. I bought one to replace the scratched up one on my 2010 leyla...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine rubbed as well when I rode with a passenger and didn't change the pre-load setttings... the only real fix would be to add some more pre-load to your rear suspension. Mine got scratched up but you can pull it off hit it with some high grit sandpaper and then rattle can it to bring the finish back.

-Brandon

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine rubbed as well when I rode with a passenger and didn't change the pre-load setttings... the only real fix would be to add some more pre-load to your rear suspension. Mine got scratched up but you can pull it off hit it with some high grit sandpaper and then rattle can it to bring the finish back.

-Brandon
I was going to do that till I found out the new hugger was $7

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah hybrid a good can of rattle will cost you almost 7$ can't go wrong with just getting a new one. My friend heated his license plate bracket up with a regular (butane?) torch and slightly bent it in more so the plate sits at a bit more of an angle which gave it more clearance, I would do it but I have already installed my license plate light and the cord runs right through there, I'd have to cut the wire and rewire it (since its soldered and shrink wrapped) but if your just doing the install or don't have the plate light installed that might be a good route to go.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mine never comes close to rubbing and I'm at 190 lbs, but I haven't come across too many bumps in the road, save for the occasional speed bump that I slow way down for. I'm no expert but I'd say you need to adjust your suspension. Search 'suspension setup' here and you will find plenty of good info and links to videos.

It seems the factory setup is for a 180 lb rider and it's not ideal for everyone. The same bike will react differently for riders who weigh more or less.

Here's one of many vids out there: http://www.onthethrottle.com/howto/suspension-set-up-on-a-suzuki-gsx-r600/

·
Registered
40 Posts
Stk8out... when you are running 30-35 mm of pre-load (with you on it) and then you put a 110ish pound girl on the back and hit a few bumps your gonna get some rubbing from the plate bracket period. Have you actually checked your sag in the front and back or your just assuming its set up correctly for a 180ish pound rider?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine never comes close to rubbing and I'm at 190 lbs, but I haven't come across too many bumps in the road, save for the occasional speed bump that I slow way down for. I'm no expert but I'd say you need to adjust your suspension. Search 'suspension setup' here and you will find plenty of good info and links to videos.

It seems the factory setup is for a 180 lb rider and it's not ideal for everyone. The same bike will react differently for riders who weigh more or less.

Here's one of many vids out there: http://www.onthethrottle.com/howto/suspension-set-up-on-a-suzuki-gsx-r600/
Even with susp adjusted mine rubbed. I cut the bracket in half ,added washers , heated and bent it , drilled holes in my tag to mount it higher and it still rubbed and melted on my exhaust and rubbed my hugger. Rode a passenger and the hugger melted a lil ( not really noticeable) but my tag actually hit the tire once on a big bump on the highway and rubbed the numbers off my tag.(partly my fault I should have bumped the rear spring up another click but it was a 10 mile trip so I didn't) The was the last straw with that kit. So mine went in the trash and I made one. The one made doesn't rub and tag can't still be read.

·
Registered
113 Posts

I would also say that .. That shouldn't matter if the product was designed better or properly. The tag/bracket should not hit the tire throughout susp travel. Period. Or the seller should at least note this on the products page. "tag bracket may damage your bike" or "intended for use with pass." or "not intended for use at all"

·
Registered
113 Posts
Stk8out... when you are running 30-35 mm of pre-load (with you on it) and then you put a 110ish pound girl on the back and hit a few bumps your gonna get some rubbing from the plate bracket period. Have you actually checked your sag in the front and back or your just assuming its set up correctly for a 180ish pound rider?
I completed ^^^ posted instruction a few days after the install of bracket and mine still rubbed. Now with my new bracket even with a pass it doesn't rub. And it can still be read.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I bought the smoke kit from cbr heaven. When I opened the package it was clear, which annoyed me but then I also didn't like the size of the license plate bracket. I exchanged the IT and returned license plate bracket. I bought the TST license plate bracket and love it. Between the bracket and the fact that the IT was not plug and play, I wish I bought the whole TST kit.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
i also got the smoked kit from cbr heaven and didnt have any problems with th elicense plate bracket at all

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.