Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am painting a motorcycle for a buddy who wants to do the honda NH1Z Gloss black that comes stock on our 600s.

I know I can get the stock color from Colorrite but at 100 bucks a quart its super expensive.

Do you guys know where I can get paint that would closely match the original NH1Z? Remember I am doing the entire bike, so matching colors is not that important but the bike overall has to look and shine mint.

I have checked out 'Sherwin Williams automotive' but am not confident which shade to get.

Any advice will help. Please chime in.

·
Registered
799 Posts
check out or call kustomshop.com they're cool as hell and also ride

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
BLACK is BLACK. as long as it doesnt have any metal flake or pearl in it.

go to your local auto body supply shop and get some PPG black, and go to town on it.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Actually black is not black (normally)... Its the hardest color to colormatch if the vehicle has seen sun etc. However in this situation Black is Black.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Actually black is not black (normally)... Its the hardest color to colormatch if the vehicle has seen sun etc. However in this situation Black is Black.
hahaha no black is black and white is white. black is the easiest color to match. just buff it and it matches. (silver is a hard color to match) i have worked in a few body shops also.

black is the hardest color to hide things with tho. every imperfection comes out when u spray it black.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. appreciate the feedback.

black isnt always black though .. obviously theres different levels of gloss, matt etc.

you cant simply clearcoat a matt black and expect NH1Z type of sheen.

but I do understand what you guys are saying and will pay a visit to a local bodyshop.

Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
black is not black and there is a lot of variances in solid blacks and the semi/flat/etc have nothing to do with the actual tint of the color ,just the sheen .Once its metal flake or pearls its a whole new ballgame.But like it was said if your painting the whole bike just use tinter black and you'll be fine

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you bcc. I agree that gloss/flat/matt etc has nothing to do with the tint. I dont know what I was thinking when I wrote that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts