Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my cbr pc40, does not go over 14000 rpm in 4th 5th 6th speed...
bike work perfect,accelerates perfect etc...
bike go in 1rst 2nd and 3rd on rev,but in other speeds does not want to.
air filter have 28000km,petrol is "98" octane almost always,etc...

problem is with air filter or have protection?

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
If it's a MY '09+ the throttle is limited to 85% in the upper gears but there are ways around it...If it's older, I would check 1) throttle cables to see if they open the throttle bodies as they should 2) fuel pump flow rate (IIRC 190cc/min+ is what it needs 3) brakes and axles for friction related stuff since heat creates expansion 4) do a compression/leakdown test the cylinders

A word of advice that I hope will be read by others as well: when creating threads like this, include details like the MY (I'm on the mobile app but your profile shows nothing), any/all mods (excluding the stuff with no mechanical, electrical, or aerodynamic significance), and other relevant info like the service history/previous repairs and by whom they were performed...that info is crucial.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pc40 2008 model, u can see profile picture,mods for power only jardine rt1 , throttle cables are tuned,pump work ok ... I think :D ( but fuel is low quality), brakes and axles OK,compression is ok I think, bike go very well but in upper gears 14000 is limit :\
maybe filter is dirt or exup maybe need tune? how to check it ?

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
pc40 2008 model, u can see profile picture,mods for power only jardine rt1 , throttle cables are tuned,pump work ok ... I think :D ( but fuel is low quality), brakes and axles OK,compression is ok I think, bike go very well but in upper gears 14000 is limit :\
maybe filter is dirt or exup maybe need tune? how to check it ?
Dynotime, if you change the hardware the software might need a refresh.

·
Registered
617 Posts
If it's a MY '09+ the throttle is limited to 85% in the upper gears but there are ways around it...If it's older, I would check 1) throttle cables to see if they open the throttle bodies as they should 2) fuel pump flow rate (IIRC 190cc/min+ is what it needs 3) brakes and axles for friction related stuff since heat creates expansion 4) do a compression/leakdown test the cylinders

A word of advice that I hope will be read by others as well: when creating threads like this, include details like the MY (I'm on the mobile app but your profile shows nothing), any/all mods (excluding the stuff with no mechanical, electrical, or aerodynamic significance), and other relevant info like the service history/previous repairs and by whom they were performed...that info is crucial.
this might be a dumb question, but how do I add a list of mods i've done to my bike on this forum?

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts

this might be a dumb question, but how do I add a list of mods i've done to my bike on this forum?
Different ways to do that, but it's more relevant to add mods that could be the cause behind problems within the threads themselves.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Different ways to do that, but it's more relevant to add mods that could be the cause behind problems within the threads themselves.
Yeah that's what I plan to do in case I post any future troubleshooting threads in the future.
Right side of page and find User CP , and look on left side and find Edit Signature :)
thanks bro!!

·
Registered
966 Posts
What is a pc40?
And not to be offensive, but if you don't know how to check an air filter then there is no way you know compression, axles etc are all fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts