Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I use all there basic stuff, insurance, disc lock and always lock steering. Is there anything new and more secure on the market to protect my baby.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Machine Guns....
Honestly thats it bro. You can get an alarm, anchor the bike to the gournd.
But if someone really wants your bike, they will take it.
Disk lock, alarm, lock steering, anchoring are all deterrents.
Insurance will hopefully replace your moto in case the unthinkable happens.
You can always sleep on it....

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Can you park it someplace where it is not visible from the street?

Inside a garage with a locked door would be even better.

·
Registered
743 Posts
if you have full coverage, lo jack is bad, cause who knows what shape you will get your baby back in. I rather just go back through the modding process than get back something that someone has abused.

·
Registered
169 Posts
if you have full coverage, lo jack is bad, cause who knows what shape you will get your baby back in. I rather just go back through the modding process than get back something that someone has abused.
Guess it could help if you owe more for your bike then what its worth and you don't have gap coverage.My buddies bike was stolen and that's what ended up happening to him...Still had to pay for the bike and didn't even have it anymore!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Honestly, insurance is the BEST security. I personally use a disc lock and an alarm for when I'm out. Otherwise, I'd keep in a garage if possible. Or chain (w/ something heavy duty) it to something that's immovable (e.g. big tree, stairwell, etc.) and make sure you chain it to the frame and not the wheels b/c those are easily removable.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i checked all over the lojack site and can't find the price of the system.

it doesn't help that i don't have any dealers around me, either.

does anyone have it and know what it costs?

·
Registered
606 Posts
this is wat i do-

-Put in well-lit area. Thieves will hesitate to steal a bike sitting under a bright light in broad view of public. Trying to stash it away in a dark area is more prone to being stolen.

-Have good neighbors

-I use a U-lock on the rear wheel+place on rear stand+place a bike cover over it. - not necessarily the most secure stuff, but it does create a hassle

-The bike is infront of my door in a small patio area right below my bedroom window

-Get a shotgun. Theyre only $3-400

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Wasn't Honda adding an optional alarm system to the '09 models? Anyone get it? Just curious how it compares to the aftermarket systems. I assume it will be like most standard car alarms and just make a lot of noise if someone moves the bike.

I've read in other posts lo-jack is at least a couple hundred dollars, depending on the dealership (they can adjust priceing) and whether or not you get the added insurance on your model through lo-jack.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, when locking/chaining your bike wind it through the swing-arm or frame and the wheel - not just the wheel. Otherwise you may return to find your tire safely secured to a post.

·
Registered
463 Posts
If you live in a house or a first floor apartment, park it in your living room. I keep mine in my parent's garage for winter storage, but come spring time I'll be parking mine in my living room at my house.

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
talon looks a lot better then the scorpio but maybe Im wrong.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just installed the scorpio I-900 I love it. I got the works, perimeter sensor, anti hijack. I love that the key fob tells you the voltage of the bikes battery. And the install was a breeze. I got the plug and play kit, I've never worked on the bike befor and I thought the install was easy. no hassel whatsoever

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Scorpio SR-i600 for the win..
No No..
Scorpio i-900 FTW
ultra-compact 2 way FM paging security system designed specifically for the motorcycle industry.
By incorporating RFID to the Scorpio system is able to know when the remote is walking close to the bike and when its not, allowing the user to never have to reach for the remote to protect the bike.
By utilizing High Frequency FM technology, the Scorpio SR-i900 transceiver is capable of sending and receiving commands from up to ½ Mile away from the motorcycle.
For its sensing mechanism, the Scorpip SR-i900 utilizes a built in accelerometer that detects both impact and changes of angles with a high degree of accuracy. It allows the module to be placed in any position or mounting angle and requires no adjustments.
The Scorpio SR-i900R control module also offers a built in programmable multi tone siren and to ensure durability the module is manufactured to meet OEM specs

http://www.hardracing.com/scorpio.htm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts