Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am having some problems with my 2004 Honda CBR 600RR. I have been riding it, and it has been fine.

Then this morning, I turn the key, (bike in Neutral, kickstand up) headlights come on, gauge sweeps. I turn kill switch to run, and I hear the relays click, but he fuel pump doesnt prime. I hit the start button and it cranks and cranks and cranks, but no running. Then the fuel guage starts scrolling.

Here are the specifics

1) I have been riding it, and it doesnt run now
2) the BAS sensor hasnt been touched, and it is in the correct position
3) The bike is in Neutral
4) Kickstand is Up.
5) Has Power Commander PC3
6) Has Slip on Exhaust
7) Has Fuel
8) New Battery (Charge at 12.86)

Im lost, and could use some help, local shops dont open until tomorrow, and I really need to get this running. I do not have a manual since the shops are closed and I really dont wanna take it to a dealer because they charge an arm and a leg, plus I am a mechanic and I can fix it, just need a little help with the diag game. lol

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
did you check your fuses

·
Registered
187 Posts
I wish I could help you Powercommander, I have a similar issue sometimes that maybe someone knows about. Every ONCE in a while, when I get on my bike, drop the kill switch and hit the start button, itll just crank and crank and crank. Ill shut the key off, kill the switch, turn the key on, drop the kill switch and try again and sometimes it starts sometimes it doesnt. When it doesnt I dont hear the computer cycling like normal when you drop the kill switch...maybe my bike has an attitude.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Check fuses and clean the starter switch contacts and make sure that the wires are still on them... quite a common problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts