Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here is the deal. my bro i think smokes crack because he says he could keep up with me in the canyons in his s2000. im not really a canyon rider because well im not a morning person and thats the only time my friends go but ive been a couple of times. the canyon we are going to hit up has a lot of sharp turns (GMR local so cal guys) so what do u guys think? does he have a chance? its stock besides rims exhaust and lowered.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I had an S2000, They are quick cars stock but to be honest the S2000 dosn't give much feed back on the limit and it just lets go. I spun mine twice!i think you are both risking a lot, take it to the track where you both got run off. The CBR Will smoke an S2000 in the right hands, a CBR in the wrong hands will kill someone! What year S2K is it?

some stats to consider:
CBR 0-60mph 3.6 Secs ----- 0-100 mph 6.5 Secs
Power to weight ratio 698 BHP/ per ton
S2000 0-60mph 6.0 Secs ----- 0-100 mph 14.3 Secs
Power to weight ratio 191 BHP/ per ton

So you got the right tool for the job but you also need the skills. Personally I would rather be in the S2000 in the canyons and on the CBR on the track.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Yea I think that is TROUBLE man!!!

And depends SO MUCH on the rider!

Not been a "canyan rider" don't put yourself in a BAD situation!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
He can get away with way more things than you can being in a car..... remember that he has 4 wheels and if he makes a mistake he just needs to turn the wheel more, or hit the breaks, etc.... If you start to drift off the road, you're in big trouble. A guy I know drove an E55 amg with us one day, and he blew us away because of that reason alone. He was willing to push his limits in a car WAY further than we were.
NICK

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rotorblade said:
Sounds like an ambulance ride waiting to happen...
hold on i dont get it why everyone is being so negative.. what is the difference between this and going to the canyons with fellow riders?? when u go to the canyons u push ur self right or do u like to cruise with ur RR?? i dont get it

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
It's ALOT harder to pass a CAR in a canyon then a fellow rider.

Besides anytime I go riding with friends we are betting/daring who is faster!

·
Registered
912 Posts
g35kid said:
so here is the deal. my bro i think smokes crack because he says he could keep up with me in the canyons in his s2000. im not really a canyon rider because well im not a morning person and thats the only time my friends go but ive been a couple of times. the canyon we are going to hit up has a lot of sharp turns (GMR local so cal guys) so what do u guys think? does he have a chance? its stock besides rims exhaust and lowered.

do those rims spin? because if they do, i'd stay away. I hear the spinning rims add 50hp

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm not being negative.... You asked a question so I told you my experience. If you want to race your bro, thats your business and I say go for it, but for what its worth I think you should know that its not so cut and dry that a bike will beat a car in the canyons!
NICK

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
Negative? Hell no, I'm positive that this is a dangerous move. Riding aggresively with my crew in the canyons is not the same as *racing* someone in a car and endangering the lives of others on the roads. You admit that you're not a canyon rider so there is no way that the two of you will keep from crossing the centerline and screwing up someone elses car/life.

Stupid move.

·
Registered
445 Posts
No one is being negative, they're just pointing out the obvious. If you challeneged your buddies to a race in the canyons on motorcycles we'd still say it was dangerous because guess what it is.
The point is, you and your "bro" are attempting to figure out who's faster which means you'll both be racing, and pushing your selves to try and beat the other.
The RR may have the power to weight ratio over the s2000, but it's all about the rider. And the s2000 has 4 tires, you've only got two.

Do what you gotta do, but it sounds like a dumb pissing contest to me.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Sounds like an accident waiting to happend.

There are way to many factors that play into that, no way to tell who would come out on top.

·
Jack Daniels is my bff
1,985 Posts
I dunno, depends how many straights there are. Im gonna have to give the S2000 the upper hand in the turns, but in the straights you'll disappear on him.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Canyon Riding is already a risk, and you said yourself you're not really a canyon rider.
Hitting a rail or going over the edge, pick one, then add an S2000 landing on you.
The seasoned canyon riders will not like you bringing a car and a newb bike to their domain. Do as the romans do, take it to the track!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah i just got an 06 s2k. And these cars are made for the track right off of the showroom floor.

I take the s2k against any bike in the canyons. Its just 2 wheels vs 4 wheels thats throws all the acceleration advantages out of the window.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts