Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please help.
After a winter stored I pulled my bike out of the garage in April and it would not start.
Immobilister light goes out, engine cranks, fuel pump primes and there is fuel.
There is no spark.
Managed to get it going once by unplugging the ecu and putting it back in again but it died after 2 starts.
To cut a sad long story short I took it to miles kingsport (local honda dealer) who spent 18 weeks trying to figure it out- supposedly replaced the crank position sensor and the ignition pulse generator, but still no joy although they did have it running once.
They suggested replacing the loom as they were stumped and thought there may be a bad contact on the ECU plug.
They would charge around £600 for this, so rather them charging me for 4 hours labour I fitted it myself in 2 hours saving at least £300.
Unfortunately still no joy.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or an ECU from a similar bike I can test on mine, or even let me try my ECU in your bike?
Miles said they allready tried this and it was fine but I am running out of ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Weird thread title?

Check the ignition sub-harness to make sure it has power coming from the engine stop relay.

Are you sure its no spark? Can you smell fuel at the exhaust? If you have let the fuel sit in there to long it will have gone bad in the lines, try draining them and put some fresh stuff in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definately No spark and Fuel is definately there. The engine stop relay clicks away when starting the bike, also there is an identical relay next to the engine stop relay - I have tried swapping these around but to no avail

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
The engine stop relay clicking is very different to it putting power through to the coils...

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
If the relay is buggered - yes, if the relay is fine but the harness going to the coils is buggered - no.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts