Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright this will hopefully be my last thread on oil... its been such a pain in my as* lately.... the picture shown is exactly 3 quarts of 10w40 oil. Nothing less nothing more and is on a perfectly level surface and the bike is standing straight up.....
the thing that i don't understand is when its cold it shows less....... everybody on here says when the bike is warmed up to 150+ it will show less oil than cold.... but its the opposite for me... this is why I'm thinking something might be getting in my oil.... lemma know what you guys think i appreciate the help..
:thumbup:

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner 07/16
880 Posts
that looks fine.

Probably because your oil is so clean you're seeing the splash which covers the whole window when the bike start.

Ride that thing, once you get some colour in the oil from use, you'll see how it drops when started and slowly goes up after you turn off the bike like in my video.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Thats exactly where its suppose to be, its below the full line and above the low line, your damn bike is fine stop making oil threads

·
2,862 Posts
u mad or nah:thumbup:
Im not mad its your bike not mine, your just incompetent, its the simplest thing to do on a bike and you have made 5 threads on it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If not he has to be the least mechanically inclined person ever

I remember having to change a 35 year old man's tire once when it was flat. He was about to call AAA and wait an hour for them to show up. Didn't know how to use a tire iron and jack. He had no idea if he even had a spare/donut. Needless to say, his girlfriend was none to impressed with him or his man skills... And she let him know about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm very mechanically inclined. I just got a brand new bike (to me) and I don't know anything about them. I'm simply trying to take care of it. Why does it seem like everybody on this site has a stick up their ass... If you don't have anything good to say don't say it all kids (;

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
It's not a stick, don't try and throw a pity party and play the victim...there's this new thing called an owner's manual that'll has the answer for literally every question you've asked, and although we may not specifically say it we all give at least a little sh1t about the others. So at this point you either have the manual but are too lazy to look through it, or you bought one second hand without one but don't see the importance in getting one to learn about the thing that your life partially depends on and that is a solid indicator of not being ready...and also the least condescending I have...not trying to belittle you but this is objectively true.

·
BOTM Winner 07/16
880 Posts
Because you don't seem to be listening to us.

I've shown you video, let you know that you might be looking at splash on the windows hence why it looks fuller.

Aside from me going to your place and checking it out for you. Nothing else we can do over the internet.

·
2,862 Posts
It's not a stick, don't try and throw a pity party and play the victim...there's this new thing called an owner's manual that'll has the answer for literally every question you've asked, and although we may not specifically say it we all give at least a little sh1t about the others. So at this point you either have the manual but are too lazy to look through it, or you bought one second hand without one but don't see the importance in getting one to learn about the thing that your life partially depends on and that is a solid indicator of not being ready...and also the least condescending I have...not trying to belittle you but this is objectively true.
Thats exactly it. Before I even read the reply I was thinking that every question he has asked is in the owners manual. The manual shows the site glass window and the two lines on it, one up at the top and one below as long as your bikes oil level is between those lines your fine and the owners manual says that.

Its fine to be new and want to learn stuff about the bike but making 5 threads on how to change the oil is a little extreme. When I wanted to know how to change my oil I went to youtube for the first time I did it. Get a service manual and an owners manual and you will solve a lot of your own problems.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have to agree, it's a bit excessive. Fine to ask in one thread but this many centered around an oil change is too much...

Although an oil change is the most basic of tasks, I'll give you props for trying to maintain your own vehicles. I know a lot probably couldn't find the oil cap. For comparison -- my first ever repair on a car, before even changing the oil, was replacing a headgasket on the first car I bought. Got a Haynes, some tools, and parts, and figured it out without a single forum post...

You're worrying too much. Follow the manual, and you'll be fine.

·
2,862 Posts
Has to be trolling.
I thought about it until I came across an old gixer form thread about putting 2 bottles of NOS octane booster in a tank....then it got much worse after that so I can see this as being possible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts