Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am having some trouble with my '09 cbr600rra that unfortunately have been going on for several years now, but with my mechanic and Honda not being able to figure out what is wrong. As I am not sure exactly what has been tested for, I am unfortunately unable to give a comprehensive list. However I am hoping that the issue sounds familiar to some of you and that it can lead to finally resolving this issue or at least give me some idea of what things to test next. My mechanic has been reluctant to try to replace certain parts, which is also why I am reaching out to try and get a second opinion, before going ahead and replacing parts my self.

To start out, one thing I have observed is that the issue does not occur, or at least to a very minor extent, when the tank is full, but gets more noticeable as the fuel level drops.

The issue occurs when it gets warm, however mostly when it is also warm outside. I live in Denmark and during the winter months where the temperature is between 3-8 degress Celcius when I am riding, I am not noticing the issue or at least very rarely. However as it begins to get warmer outside it starts getting more noticeable.

When warm it starts losing power, on a normal day mostly noticeable from 6-7k rpm and up, but when it gets above 25 degress Celcius outside and riding in slow traffic it gets worse, so that I often stall the bike when starting from standstill as it doesn't deliver normal power at low rpms either. When the issue is occurring it struggles to get to higher rpms and when the issue is at its worst it becomes unable to get above 9-10k rpm at all. The issue occurs both when riding in traffic where the temperatures reach 103 degrees celcius and when riding on the highway where the temps are far below that.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
This is probably worthless but what's condition of fuel tank and could the fuel pump be failing?

Have you had the fuel pump tested for flow and pressure?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts