Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just recently ordered a fairing set from CBRfairing.com and I was putting on the fairings tonight and came across a problem with my black rear cowl seat I got from them. The rear seat will not lock in, I can barely push it and it will pop off. Was just wonder if that is what it does because it is not OEM or the part is just a piece of crap? Any other place I could get one (Not from China or Hong Kong) for a good price?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
have you compared it to your stock rear seat/cowl? are the mounting points in the same place?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
I had the same problem with the one I ordered, I just put some washers between the base and the painted bit to bring it out somewhat...

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
I had the same problem, I just have to push down a little harder and it will catch (almost jump on it lol) ...

·
Ain't Even Excited
1,769 Posts
I had the same problem with the one I ordered, I just put some washers between the base and the painted bit to bring it out somewhat...
Exactly what I did on my 06 with aftermarket fairings. A few washers raised it just far enough to where it snapped in fairly well.

Not near as good as OEM though. The OEM seat/cowl have a nice weight to them, and make a solid clunk when locked in. The aftermarket cowl is light and dinky, makes a clink type noise. haha

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spiritofkaos1 - Yes, I have compared both of them. The mounts are in the same place. The aftermarket cowl seat will go in but won't lock.

sumone - lol I just tried jumping on it and sitting on it. Still didn't work..

Nico/riot - Could one of you guys possibly take a picture of where exactly you put those washers?

·
Ain't Even Excited
1,769 Posts
Nico/riot - Could one of you guys possibly take a picture of where exactly you put those washers?
Unfortunately, that bike was stolen. But! It is very simple, just place them in between the black "mounting plate" they give you, and the actual cowl itself. It took me a few times to get them at correct heights, I believe the front needed to be higher than the back (or vice versa). Stack a couple and fit it together, and test it out. You should be able to get it with a little common sense. Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately, that bike was stolen. But! It is very simple, just place them in between the black "mounting plate" they give you, and the actual cowl itself. It took me a few times to get them at correct heights, I believe the front needed to be higher than the back (or vice versa). Stack a couple and fit it together, and test it out. You should be able to get it with a little common sense. Good luck!

Dang man sorry to hear, don't understand why some people have to do that.. but thanks I will give it a try after work!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figured out the problem last night when trying to put the washer on! The rear cowl was to long in the front and was hitting the tail cowl. After a little grinding, the rear cowl fitted on perfectly.

Thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts