Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I’m going to be replacing my cct on my 03 with a new oem unit,but I’m reading a lot stating TDC,is this important as my Haynes manual doesn’t mention this,also when the new cct is fitted,do I ease out the little key d SF lowly or just pull it out and let the plunger snap out in position?
Thanks

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,814 Posts
set the crank to top dead center, it's very important as once the CCT is removed, the cam gears can slip on the timing chain if there is spring load on the cams. at top dead center there is no spring load on the cams, so nothing will move.

when you set the tensioner just remove the key. there's no way to do it slowly.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So it’s just a case of a socket to remove the cover to access the crank(what size is the tank but?)wind clockwise until the T lines up with the mark/notch

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,814 Posts
Look up how to set TDC on a 600rr. You just have to align the index mark with the groove on the case.

Yes rotate clockwise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just did this yesterday but on an 07. Yes like others have said, remove the timing cover on the clutch side. Use a socket wrench and rotate the engine until the marks line up, then remove the CCT. Back out each bolt a little at a time and tighten it the same way. Remove the key once you torque it down and reuse the center bolt and the washer from the old CCT.

You will need to look up how to find and get the motor to TDC so you dont mess up the timing like others have suggested. I have read people not doing this step and not having issues but I certainly didn't skip that step.

Invest in a service manual 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts