Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I have the CCT noise that is common on CBRs and I was wondering if anyone has tried the bolt trick? Basically you get a bolt that fits in the top of the CCT that is longer and tighten it down till its snug. Not super tight but just to put a little pressure. Then I use a nut to hold the bolt in place. So far the sound has pretty much completely gone away. I think it helps take a little of the slop out of the CCT and it's a super cheap fix. If you have a noise CCT maybe give this a shot before you go buy another Honda CCT or a manual CCT.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Dammmm I'm NOT a skeptic on this one.... I'll def. try this once mine gave out. Please update thread with changes. Thanks for the great idea.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Manual CCTs arent that expensive. I bought one from Ape Racing for my R6 and I put them in all my bikes now. Its piece of mind. However from the sounds of what you are saying it sounds like its the same principle as a manual

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Nice fix looks like you need a longer bolt if you need to tighten it anymore. Could just be the picture too.

Anyone else try this?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
We have done this. We even rounded the tip of the bolt to make it smooth on the adjuster. Worked just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts