Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my cam chain tensioner is bad.... bike makes some noise on deceleration (hard to hear under acceleration) and it wont do it free reeving in neutral.

Now, i want to order a manual tensioner however that will take upwords of a week to get here.

Can i ride the bike another 500-600 miles without causing damage? or should i just buy a stock replacement and install it tomorrow?

·
Registered
194 Posts
So my cam chain tensioner is bad.... bike makes some noise on deceleration (hard to hear under acceleration) and it wont do it free reeving in neutral.

Now, i want to order a manual tensioner however that will take upwords of a week to get here.

Can i ride the bike another 500-600 miles without causing damage? or should i just buy a stock replacement and install it tomorrow?
Personally, I would ride it. I have never heard of a cam-chain tensioner actually failing, I had one go bad in my F4i and I rode it for awhile that with no ill effects.

K

·
0 Posts
very rare, but it does happen from time to time.

i'd buy the replacement and install it right away if that's in the cards. i would not ride it under those conditions (failed, parts readily available, etc etc).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill make sure to park it after today (assuming it makes it the 80 miles it takes to get from here to my house)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts