Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone carry while riding? I have had my Concealed Carry Permit since I turned 21, 3 years ago and I never leave home without packing. My rig when I ride is always the same.

-Glock 26 (sub compact 9mm - 10 round mag, 1 in the chamber)
-One extra 10 round mag
-Busse Scotch Dispenser

For those of you unfamilar with Busse Combat. They make the worlds toughest knives with a warranty that no other company has ever touched. ANy knife, they have ever made, has a lifetime warranty on it, forever, no questions asked. Check out their stuff.

http://www.bussecompanystore.com/knives.htm

Jerry Busse is among the finest in the entire industry. Check out these guys for those of you looking to snag a great knife. Im of the opinion that a knifeless man is a lifeless man. So many mundane tasks call for a knife and it can be used in self defense, in some places where firearms are not allowed, even by CCW holders like myself.

Here is a picture of the Busse blade that I carry. I have carried this piece with me for about a year now. I own 3 of them. IMO, the perfect carry piece. 3inch blade, death grip, and made of the toughest steel on the market, INFI.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Carried my Beretta 92FS centurion 16 round mag and 1 In the chamber = 17 rounds full metal jacket every other round and hollow points for the longest time. But I felt that carrying a pistol with my temper and ALL the A-holes In Az that carry as well along with the tons of road rage cases and tuff guys challenging you cause you are packing was NOT worth It to me.. Just my .02..
Good day

Does anyone carry while riding? I have had my Concealed Carry Permit since I turned 21, 3 years ago and I never leave home without packing. My rig when I ride is always the same.

-One extra 10 round mag
-Busse Scotch Dispenser

For those of you unfamilar with Busse Combat. They make the worlds toughest knives with a warranty that no other company has ever touched. ANy knife, they have ever made, has a lifetime warranty on it, forever, no questions asked. Check out their stuff.

http://www.bussecompanystore.com/knives.htm

Jerry Busse is among the finest in the entire industry. Check out these guys for those of you looking to snag a great knife. Im of the opinion that a knifeless man is a lifeless man. So many mundane tasks call for a knife and it can be used in self defense, in some places where firearms are not allowed, even by CCW holders like myself.

Here is a picture of the Busse blade that I carry. I have carried this piece with me for about a year now. I own 3 of them. IMO, the perfect carry piece. 3inch blade, death grip, and made of the toughest steel on the market, INFI.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i got out of the marines in late april, i carry mine around 24/7. feel naked without it GLOCK Model 23 with 13 round clip, 2 spare mags and always loaded

·
Registered
53 Posts
I dont see a gun being useful to me if im out in public. The only place I would have one is at home.

Time to move if you need to have a gun on you at all times to feel safe.
I don't necessarily agree with this comment. You never know when/where somebody may try and harm you or your family and if it's up to me I'm going to protect them. If it comes down to me/someone I know or an attacker, I'm going to everything I can to make sure I/my friends/family go home safely.

Also, to me it's not all about being safe, it's the fact that it's my right to protect myself.

Kane

·
Registered
753 Posts
These threads almost always...

..degrade into a pissing match between those of us that carry and are OK with the fact that others don't and those that don't and feel that we must justify to them why we do. Please don't ask me to justify it for you, The bill of rights has that area covered pretty well. Myself, I carry a Sig P-220 or a Ruger SP-101.

As far as a utility knife, I carry a Benchmade. It is easy to carry while riding as any good motorcycle jacket provides great concealment options.

And to those that think we carry while riding expecting to draw and fire the weapon while on the bike, that is not realistic, but I like to be protected while at and between my destinations.

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
I dont see a gun being useful to me if im out in public. The only place I would have one is at home.

Time to move if you need to have a gun on you at all times to feel safe.
I was the same way till one of my co-workers was car jacked and the attacker held a gun to the guys daughter and made him drive to an atm and withdraw money. This happened a month before my daughter was born. I will alway carry every day, every time. I would rather carry and never need it then to not carry and not have it when I need it.

Just my .02 T

·
Registered
828 Posts
I was the same way till one of my co-workers was car jacked and the attacker held a gun to the guys daughter and made him drive to an atm and withdraw money. This happened a month before my daughter was born. I will alway carry every day, every time. I would rather carry and never need it then to not carry and not have it when I need it.

Just my .02 T
A situation like that is so fragile, dont you think that if someone has a gun to your daughters head the best thing to do is not to make a sudden move and go for a gun? I dont know, I've never been in a situation like that, not sure if going for a gun would be the best choice.

I have nothing against responsible people that carry guns.

Orlando is getting pretty violent, I'm hearing more and more stories everyday. Coworker of mine got held up as well, they stole his laptop and some other things.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts

-One extra 10 round mag
-Busse Scotch Dispenser
Man at least you can carry. USARAK (United States Army Alaska) prohibits any Soldier under their command to carry concealed weapons. Even though Alaska is a pro-carry (no permit needed) State.
I agree with Trip... I would rather have it and not need it then not have it and need it. Of course their are rules to carrying. Don't carry when attending an establishment that sells alcohol as its primary source of income, if with a group, let them know you are carrying, and so on.

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
Most likely that person will make a mistake while doing this and let their guard down. I will make sure that is the last time they make that mistake. It's different when you look at it from a parents perspective. Your parents have told you they will do anything for you, this is one of those times I don't want to let my girl(s) down. Most likely I have seen what they look like and they are not going to want me to ID them. He got lucky and neither was hurt. He now carries as well.... T Living in Orlando since 92, I have seen it get bigger and the violence is coming our way now. outskirts of town.. Just being prepared. Cops can't be everywhere... T

·
Registered
504 Posts

Just my .02 T
I've shot for entertainment in the past with my buddies several times, but to be honest, I'm not sure if in those situations, and I've got a gun, I'd do anything with it. Simply due to the fact that if someone I care is involved, I wouldn't take a chance. Rough situation...hope that doesn't ever happen to anyone here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
my ccw is a heckler and koch p200sk .40...i carry it time to time while im riding, depending where im going..if im going to the corner store..i might leave it...for the long haul, an all day ride i will bring it...still trying to hold it on one wheel and hit my target at the same time...i'll keep ya posted...

·
Registered
214 Posts

Just my .02 T
always better safe than sorry

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
to the fellow who said the only place yo uneed a gun or knife is at home... im really interested in the neighborhood/stomping grounds you claim as home, for they must be the safest place in the USA, possibly abroad too. i want to move there.

bottom line is you are naive.

if you feel you can trust the police alone with your safety and have enough solemn faith in people in this world to never wish you harm for their own selfish desires, then you sir, are again, naive. but to each his own.

i am glad to see that there are some other 2nd Amendment proponents on RR. its a God-given right that we have and for those of us that live in free states, utilize your right. I commend all of you who do for doing so. many fine firearms you fellas listed here... from the HK2000 to the FS92 and to the best of the best ;) GLOCK, you guys are carrying some fine pieces. Benchmade makes fine folders. i have never had a single failure with any of mine. i just like INFI steel and having a fixed blade on me. deploys faster and carries like a total dream, riding high at about 4 o'clock.

·
Registered
504 Posts
to the fellow who said the only place yo uneed a gun or knife is at home... im really interested in the neighborhood/stomping grounds you claim as home, for they must be the safest place in the USA, possibly abroad too. i want to move there.

bottom line is you are naive.

if you feel you can trust the police alone with your safety and have enough solemn faith in people in this world to never wish you harm for their own selfish desires, then you sir, are again, naive. but to each his own.

i am glad to see that there are some other 2nd Amendment proponents on RR. its a God-given right that we have and for those of us that live in free states, utilize your right. I commend all of you who do for doing so. many fine firearms you fellas listed here... from the HK2000 to the FS92 and to the best of the best ;) GLOCK, you guys are carrying some fine pieces. Benchmade makes fine folders. i have never had a single failure with any of mine. i just like INFI steel and having a fixed blade on me. deploys faster and carries like a total dream, riding high at about 4 o'clock.
I lived in San Luis Obispo, CA for the last 8.5 years (stayed in college and remained there after college cuz I loved it so much) is actually, REALLY REALLY safe. It's a college town, and the normal residents are slightly older. People are friendly, it's a town of only 40k people not including the university. For the last 8.5 years, the only real crimes were DUI's, bar fights, and a few college female abductions out of town. In SLO, lots of people leave their doors/cars unlocked 24/7. It's a nice place, and there are a few smaller towns in CA that remains that way. Not saying it's crime free, but the likelyhood of a major crime in SLO wasn't as high as let's say, LA (where i am currently). It may not be the safest, but I feel that it definitely does not require you to carry things to protect yourself on the street unless you're going to LOOK for trouble.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Rode with a cop that always carried his side arm.

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
Anything can happen on a bike. You can get bike jacked even easier than in the car. Guy comes up with a gun/knife, you get off the bike. It will happen that fast. In some of our cases when this guy does this we have an extra step, guy gets shot because he messed with wrong person that day. He will learn his lesson an not do that again... If you worry about all the things that can go wrong when riding then you are not enjoying it. I could low side and hit this guard rail, guess I won't ride on this road anymore. You can't do this. Riding is already dangerous because you have to watch out for the cagers. Been street riding for 6 years, been around bikes my whole life. Never heard of any rider ever discharging their weapon while in an accident. T

You learn a lot when you take your ccw class. How to carry, if you are pulling your weapon you better use it. Never even come close to pulling and had a couple of situations. Holsters are designed now so that the trigger can not be pulled while it's holstered.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thought I would never need to get mine until New Years. My buddy and I walked into his girlfriend's bedroom where she was passed out to check on her, and 7 big guys were in there trying to undress her. Buddy pulls his Glock 9mm, they step back, and he pulls out from under the bed a SW .38 he keeps there for her and gave to me. held them all at gunpoint till the cops got there.

now i carry a Glock sub compact 9mm.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts