Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You can buy the tool for less than $100 and do it yourself.

·
Monkey works will work for you :)
1,679 Posts
Thats crazy dude!! We charge 1.5 hours @ 50 hour so it comes to $75.00 and if you buy a tire and do it all at the same time we discount it a little bit off the top. For that kind of money I would buy the tool and do it yourself. Unless you live close to Daytona Beach, FL. We would be happy to take care of it for you ;-)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Thats alot of $$$$

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats crazy dude!! We charge 1.5 hours @ 50 hour so it comes to $75.00 and if you buy a tire and do it all at the same time we discount it a little bit off the top. For that kind of money I would buy the tool and do it yourself. Unless you live close to Daytona Beach, FL. We would be happy to take care of it for you ;-)
$75? Wish I live close to you. What kinda tool do I need?

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i dont use a chain breaker, i grind down the sides of the plate and punch out the pin.
its a lot easier, ive broken about every chain breaker ive ever owned.

K

·
0 Posts
don't forget about the tools needed to replace both sprockets as well. because installing a new chain on worn sprockets is a step back in evolution.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Assuming you have some average tools like socket wrenches, stand, you should def try and do it yourself.

I cut my chain with a large pair of bolt cutters. The only tool you might have to buy is a chain rivetor(sp?) to put the new chain on.

Trust me it's fun working on your own bike. Save some cash, learn a few things, and feel good that you did it yourself!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Get the RK chain breaker and rivetter tool- best on the market for the money. they are $100 w/ free shipping from www.solomotoparts.com and as you've learned, they more than pay for themselves even after the first use!

·
Registered
154 Posts
hey yeah Dr. Gofast has a point. The chain breaker AND riveter is AMAZING! its really easy to do yourself and that tool pays itself off the first time! Definately do yourself make sure you know the exact length of your chain and where to break your chain at though!! Good Luck with the install!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts