Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i told the shop i was going on vacation and asked them to do w/e it needs to tune it up for some big rides. Chain, sprockets, oil, filter, tires, lube this, check that etc.

anyways load up the bike and go on vacation. I rode it a grand total of twice before my chain broke at the masterlink and shattered all the aluminum on the case around the gaurd, coolant spraying everywhere, melted my rear hugger, marked up my swingarm, chatter marks on my mag marchesinis :cwm21:, who knows about the tranny, and basically fucked my vacation.

so what do i ask from the shop?

Tyler

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
i would simply ask for thier lives. that would be sufficiant enough.....

but seriously, take it back to the shop and show them thier fVck up. if they dont agree to fix it at thier cost. get anattorney and go that route. cause im sure thats alot of money in repairs. also, report them to the better buisness berau, the news. do what ever you can to make that shop look bad.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Next time do it yerself!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I highly recommend checking your bike over after taking it to the shop. They probably had the chain way too tight.

I do all my maintenance myself, but my friend has taken his to the shop for several things and there's always something wrong. He changed his chain and sprockets and the chain was way too loose. He had his valves adjusted and the gas tank screws weren't tightened. Bottom line is constantly check your bike, especially after someone else has worked on it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
sunline sl-1 520 chain
Did they install the chain and sprokets? If so, I wouldn't think you'd have too much of a problem. Even if the shop doesn't want to fix it, Prolly an easy case for an attorney.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im busy and lack of garage stops me from doing my on maintenance. I trusted my mechanic to do the install. Reputable shop. I definitely checked over the bike when I got it. Checked the chain before I left and before my first ride.

Yes they did install both the chain and sprockets.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I brought him the chain that broke because i had one lying around (brand new in box). I also had to order a sprocket in because he doesn't stock marchesini sprockets for the install before vacation. I Just called hes saying hes not going to help out because if it was his chain he could warranty it. wtf its called a guarentee on your labour

·
Registered
491 Posts
WTF? Are you going to let him go just like that?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Let me get this right. He installed new chain and sprokets. Masterlink came undone and busted the new chain, broke a new sproket, Cracked your coolant pump, (since you said it sprayed coolant) Chewed up your engine cases, ( not enough to leak oil I assume) and chewed on your swingarm.

And now he made you buy a new sproket and bring him an old chain??????? I can understand that some people are short on time but this is rediculous. Don't let this guy get away with this. If I was too busy to mess with arguing with this guy, I'd buy new parts from another shop and have them do the work. Don't give this guy a penny more of your money.

·
Registered
543 Posts
dude if they really did screw up the job then make them pay for it.....sounds like ALOT of damage.... u realized u have a cracked motor and everything is scratched. mag marchesinis are 4k alone.....hire a lawyer if need be but make them pay....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Let me get this right. He installed new chain and sprokets. Masterlink came undone and busted the new chain, broke a new sproket, Cracked your coolant pump, (since you said it sprayed coolant) Chewed up your engine cases, ( not enough to leak oil I assume) and chewed on your swingarm.
yes + rim

And now he made you buy a new sproket and bring him an old chain??????? I can understand that some people are short on time but this is rediculous. Don't let this guy get away with this. If I was too busy to mess with arguing with this guy, I'd buy new parts from another shop and have them do the work. Don't give this guy a penny more of your money.
nope, bike hasn't been touched. i haven't bought anything

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If you want to let this guy off easy, Take the bike in and have him fix the chain, sprokets and coolant pump. FOR FREE. Then never go there again.

Maybe this guy has been good to you over the years, maybe he has a struggling business and you don't want to throw the book at him. That's fine. It's your decision. But you should not have to pay anything to get your bike back to functional from his error. If he even suggests that you need to purchase anything for him to fix your bike. Then I'd call a lawyer first thing.

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything but I do expect someone to stand behind their work. Really, you're both lucky that the chain didn't break while you were pulling out into a busy street. Throw the book at him with some hospital bills included. He's getting off easier then he could have.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
So the part that failed was a part you brought in for him to install? I'm not a mechanic but how do you know it wasn't a defective part? If it was a defective part (and he wasn't the supplier) how is he liable for the damaged caused by said part?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts