Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey when I bought by bike it didnt come with a chain guard and I never took a second thought about it. But yesterday someone told me that if I dont have the chain guard on there and the chain snaps, it will throw the chain through the engine casing. Is that true? And, how likely is it that the chain will actually snap? Thanks

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I don't know how much that piece of plastic will help with force enough to go through the engine casing. I think it's there to protect your body parts from getting caught in the chain if you lay it down.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
CBR/LS1 said:
I don't know how much that piece of plastic will help with force enough to go through the engine casing. I think it's there to protect your body parts from getting caught in the chain if you lay it down.
agreed that peice of plastic isnt stopping anything but your pants from getting dirty or caught

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
if you want one i got one in great shape 20.00 shipped

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you are talking about the cover over the front sprocket, then yes the full piece can help keep a snapped chain in place and protect your engine cases. Not the plastic piece, but the steel bar that fits under it.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Mike Handler said:
without the guard, some chain lube has a tendacy to fling off & contact the exhaust & undertail primarily on the left side.
I agree... Take off your chain gaurd one of these days and look at the underside of it, all kinds of crap.

Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts