Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
is it okay to use chain lube to lubricate the rest of the bike? it rained hard the other night and i noticed some early rusting in some places, and used chain lube, the honda chain lube, on pretty much everything like the clutch asssembly, levers, cables, throttle body, any pivot points i could find, and the chain of course. is this bad idea, or should i be okay?

(EDIT)

i also lubed the key and ignition with the chain lube btw

·
Registered
385 Posts
Holy robin's anal lubing batman! You lubed everywhere!
Did you sand off the rust before?

I don't see any serious harm in lubing some to protect from the weather.
but I don't really think lubing all over the bike is a good idea.

Chainlubes are designed to keep the chains lubed and stop orings from rubbing against each other too hard.
I think it should be fine just be careful.
Oh yeah, and when the lube kinda dries, it's a bitch to take it off.
Honda Cleaner will wipe that sucker right out tho. lol

Good luck with your bike!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Silicon Spray would be better than WD prolly thats what i would use when i would go to Pismo on my MX bike, fild dries and doesnt attract sand and dust and will protect for the rust. just another idea of what u can use.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Silicon Spray would be better than WD prolly thats what i would use when i would go to Pismo on my MX bike, fild dries and doesnt attract sand and dust and will protect for the rust. just another idea of what u can use.

+1

For lubing cables and other parts, so with a Silicon based spray. It actually lubricates, where WD-40 doesn't. WD = Water Deterrent, prevents rusting, and has some bonus properties of being slippery and an excellent cleaner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts