Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so maybe you guys will have seen something similar to this. I googled and searched to no real result, so here goes:

I just replaced the chain & sprockets the PO had on the bike. I went with a Driven -1/+2 setup and the chain seems to be making contact with the swingarm. I posted an image for reference, but the image isn't of my bike. When the bike is on the rear stand it contacts, but doesn't seem to do so when it's on the ground.

Am I safe to ride? Any likely causes? I really appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Attachments

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Do not judge the slack of the chain while you are off the bike judge the slack with you sitting on the bike presence of your body weight on top of the bike will take that extra slack off try it you will get my reasoning

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Your swingarm will extend while you are riding the bike an remove the slack.
Did you cut the chain to the appropriate length for that sprocket setup?

·
Registered
582 Posts
That seems like too much slack even if its on stands. Refer to the manual for proper slack specs. Then cut a link or two for proper spec

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing is that the top is what's rubbing and it seems quite tight. Because of the angles it looks like further tightening it wouldn't do much because it''s already pretty straight off the sprocket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts