Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i guess, as they say, it has to happen sooner or later.

was riding in the mountains yesterday, came to a not very bad right-hand curve, prolly a 60 or 70 degree turn. came up on it, started to lean in and hit a run-off of water going across the road. needless to say, the front-end started to go left, as it did the rear went to the right and i thought oh faaaahhk---high-side against a wall of rock. well, it started to throw me when it caught traction, but i hang on and it slung the other way and it lowsided.

well, when it fell on the left it landed on my foot, (had on an AGV Rossi X-vent and Alpinestars Dyno jacket, Joe Rocket gloves, jeans and tennis shoes--boots and pants were next), and we slid about 50 feet before she left me and flipped over. anywho, 'bout an hour and a half later my uncle got there and we laid it in the back of his truck.

damage assessment: looking at her--both mirrors broke off, front fairing cracked above left headlight (and windscreen) along with fairing stay, both bars and clip-ons are farked, chunk out of passenger seat, fairings and case covers on both sides, rearsets are farked, the little welded bracket that the swingarm spool goes in on the swingarm is bent down at an awkward angle. i know the anti-freeze is gone, but don't know if it's from the reservoir tank or radiator. dunno about the forks or frame, engine is fine, no oil leakage. personal assessment: after 7 hours in the E.R., no broken bones, sprained left foot, rash on left elbow, foot, and hip. no damage to jacket (Alpinestars forever :pray: ) or helmet. gloves are gone.

anyway, what should i do. there is no police report, because there was no police....anywhere. have full coverage, $500 deduc. with state farm. still owe about $6500 on her. i'm thinking i'm prolly gonna have to file it with them, otherwise it's gonna take a good long time before she's ready to ride again.

so.....advice please guys.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Glad to here you are ok and not seriously hurt!!
sorry to hear about your bike too.

You'll have to file against your insurance unless you want to pay out of pocket to fix it up yourself. I bet if you claim it, your insurance co will declare it a total. which might be best after what youve stated because you never know if there is any frame damage/forks/etc...not to metion all the other little stuff that might have got damaged that you cant see.

·
Registered
496 Posts
i would say if it is reported or totaled you next bike might be hard to ins, Just from what I have seen . Sometimes it is even double and in some cases they wont at all.Good luck and glad you ok

·
Registered
423 Posts
if you hit a deer and that caused your wreck you wouldnt have an increase on your insureance.. hint..hint...nudge..nudge...know what I mean,,,

·
Registered
51 Posts
report it. im sure with that kind of damage the frame was touched. they will declare a total loss, you get new bike and higher insurance rates.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yes this is very true good thinking.Now go pull some hair out of your cat and put it all over your bike.

·
Registered
725 Posts
go through ins., they will total it, get a new baby and start fresh ... its what I did when i wrecked my f4i, and worked out great (i got my RR because of it! :bounce: )

sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you are ok though

·
Registered
496 Posts
rivalxCBR said:
go through ins., they will total it, get a new baby and start fresh ... its what I did when i wrecked my f4i, and worked out great (i got my RR because of it! :bounce: )

How much did your ins go up .

·
Registered
725 Posts
DUGAN said:
rivalxCBR said:

How much did your ins go up .
my points went up 4, so like an extra $200/yr I think ... no big deal really. I still had a loan on the bike so it made it worth it when they handed me the $6500 check.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I wrecked about 3 weeks ago and had about half your damage. My bike never flipped and only rashed one side pretty bad. Deffinetley file it with you ins. company. I don't see any other way for you. My deductable was originally 500 bones but the guy at the dealer gave me a $200 allowance on a part that wasn't badly damaged so they gave me a credit for. So really my deductable was only $300.

Go over your bike with the appraiser and see what kind of corners you can cut if any. Good luck and sorry to hear that you dropped your baby. It f'in sux, i know...

C

·
0 Posts
Glad to hear your okay. The Deer in the road excuse sounds good to me ;-)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks everybody,
yeah, going to go get her out of my uncle's truck with a couple friends in just a few. gonna look at her and see what all is farked.

called my insurance this morning, they said it would put 1 "point" on my ins., which would make it go up like 75% or something. don't get that, since another insurance told me it was considered "road hazard" or something since i hit a stream of water in a turn.

from what i saw the other day, i need a bunch of stuff. the fairings i'm not worried about because i've wanted to paint her like the motogp test bikes, you know, kinda flat black with some stickers (nothin fancy, i just like low-key), for a while. so i'm looking at a swingarm on ebay for 70 bucks since my little rear-stand spool bracket thing is torn off the swingarm. dunno about the forks, think they're ok. she's been laying on her left side so i dunno about the radiator. but everything else looks ok.

flat black, sato black rearsets mebbe paint/powdercoat swingarm black :rocker:

thinking about oppracing fiberglass front fairing cause it's only $150 anybody know about it?? opinions??

will post later tonight after i get the plastics off.

p.s.- i've got a Husky, so i've got handfulls of hair at my disposal :rofl:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts