Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently changed both stater and crank cover on my 07 600rr. Now the bike won't start. It turns over plenty, just won't fire. Its like the kill switch is on. Help!

D

·
0 Posts
Pull the clutch cover off and check that the CKP sensor is on the right way. If you put it on backwards, the bike will not start.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grr!! Thank you Demented. When I was putting the cover back on I told a buddy of mine something didn't feel right. Give me 20 mins, I'll let you know if that was it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me ask you this. If I keep it on the side stand should I have to drain the oil to pull the cover?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
no, very little oil will drain out

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet, appreciate it Daniel. Just pulled all the bolts. Bout to knocked the cover off.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
wait.....can anybody confirm? when i answered this i was thinking i didn't have my bike on stands when i did it, but now i'm not sure.... i hope i didn't just cause a mess...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wait.....can anybody confirm?
I can. Not a drop! lol just make sure you keep it on the side stand because I could see some coming out on the rear stand. Sensor was upside down. Gotta clean the crud off and reapply. Update in the next 10 mins.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
damn you speedy! :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Saved the day once again Demented. Thats all it was. The CKP Sensor was upside down. I knew when I put that thing back on awhile ago something wasnt right. Just had that feeling...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts